New to the Necrons 1500 pnts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to the Necrons 1500 pnts

Hey guys, Heres my list.

HQ:
    Lord w/ Veil and Orb

Elite:
    10 immortals

Troops:
    10 warriors

20 warriors

Fast Attack:
    4 Destroyers

3 Destroyers

3 Destroyers

1520 - I know I'm 20 pnts over the limit. I'll probably remove a warrior if anyone complains.

For 2000 pnt games, I plan to use the above plus a deceiver and 2 Heavy Destroyers

Will 20 warriors fit under a large blast template?
    Is it wise to take both immortals and destroyers in the same army?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Looks like a solid list. I ould say split the 20 warrior unit innto 2 separate units.
    Also 20 points over is quite a bit.. By dropping a warrior, 2pts over is more acceptable in which case have 2 warrior units, 14 and 15.
    Both destroyers and immortals are great units, nothing wrong with having them both. you will have to watch your res orb coverage though with only 1 lord, possibly take a few models out and get a destroyer lord to ride with the destroyers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hey there Supraboytt, here's my thoughts on your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supraboytt View Post
    Hey guys, Heres my list.

HQ:
    Lord w/ Veil and Orb
    Flying circus, eh? well, good luck and happy scattering.

I'm not a big fan of the tactic myself, but it does work.

Elite:
    10 immortals
    Ugh. I'm not a fan of full 10 immortal squads at 1500 pts,
    they take up close to 20% of your army in one squad.
    I like to settle for 7 of them myself, and it opens up points for maybe some scarabs,
    or even some wraiths.

Troops:
    10 warriors

20 warriors
    a 10, and a 20 strong squad. while I LIKE the 20 man squad(I take them sometimes myself. For this, I think you would be best served by taking two squads of 15, or 3 squads of 10.

Tying up so many points into one huge squad can be very costly if they break and get wiped out on the assault.(it CAN happen)

Fast Attack:
    4 Destroyers

3 Destroyers

3 Destroyers
    whoah, nelly. I would much prefer to see 2 squads of 5. While 3 squads of 3(or so) is tactically flexable, squads of 3 tend to be fragile. They are tough, but they are not invincible.

1520 - I know I'm 20 pnts over the limit. I'll probably remove a warrior if anyone complains.
    Yeah, I would suggest dropping a warrior immediately, in fact. 20 points is no small overage.

For 2000 pnt games, I plan to use the above plus a deceiver and 2 Heavy Destroyers
    I'd leave the deceiver at home, but 2 HD's are a great addition to any 2000 pt necron army.

Will 20 warriors fit under a large blast template?
    Is it wise to take both immortals and destroyers in the same army?
    Sure, both Immortals and destroyers add a great deal of tactical flexability to the army. They do their own thing and do it well. They support eachotehr quite well. I just wouldn't take that many of each, is all.

The only thing I can see is that you are very light on assault defense. While your game plan should revolve around NOT being in assault, there are some armies that you just won't be able to help it against, since their MAIN mission is to assault you, and when that happens, you may be in some big trouble.

I keep a few pariahs, some wraiths and scarabs in my army at all times for just that.
    Pariahs are excellent for supporting assault, and for shooting. They aren't necrons so if/when the enemy shoots at them they aren't really hurting your PO(though by taking them you have already done so, in theory) their leadership altering ways really is a headache for assault armies since if you win combat, they will be taking a leadership on a score that is painful in addition to any negatives.

Wraiths are just plain good in assault, they are great for taking objectives and for zipping up and killing those dev squads/hidden heavy weapons and such.

Scarabls are wonderful for adding weight of numbers in assault or for simply zipping out and tying stuff up, not to mention tank hunting with them.

While the VoD is very good for helping and defending against assaults, its only one unit, and when their army reaches yours, you will have to decide which to save and which to abandon when your orb leaves the area.

I think you have a great start at a great list. I just feel that they have a glaring weakness that can be addressed.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I run my necron list without monliths it has a lot of similarity to yours. I take 32 Warriors (16's) and 5 Destroyers. With the extra points I just opened up you are aloud 12 Scarabs with disruption fields (6's) . I like theyak's plan for Pariah's. Never really used em'. Mostly because I have my necrons already and don't feel like spending more money. But from what i've seen. Yes, they are VERY effective.

+ Reply to Thread