Rumored Codex Update - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumored Codex Update

I have a feeling this may be an overasked and annoying question, but I've read through the stickies and gone back through quite a few threads to make sure I'm not being too barbaric in my discourse.

I was told that a new Necron Codex was going to be released shortly. Then someone else said it was already released. I then checked the publish date of my newly bought Codex and found that if it was indeed a 'new release', the term would be pretty relative. I then checked the web and discovered many more recent Codexes were published for the other races and after failing to find any information regarding a cron update (besides some foreshadowing of a possible Omnissiah C'tan unit release) I decided to post my question here.

So, hav u guz herd uv i nw cron cdx? k thnx n dvanc

Or, Anyone hear about a new Codex being released for the Necrons.

Last edited by loyalbabus; July 24th, 2007 at 08:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is absolutely no need to update their codex any time soon.

There are plenty of armies that need/are due for updates before they get tweeked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

i second that motion!
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Third-ed.

The polls I created are kind of a wish list. Something, perhaps, worth play testing.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses, to be honest I haven't started my 'cron army yet and was concerned more about how I should start spending my money. That said, I could understand GM never publishing an update based simply on the fact that they are by definition 'ageless and unchanging'. I would however look forward to leading my legions of Inferi Mechanicus under the gaze of a playable Omnissiah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not the ageless and unchanging aspect..
    it's the fact that there are plenty of competatice necron lists out there that are both COMPETATIVE and able to be beat.

Unlike the unbalanced broken lists of Dark Eldar and the "current" C:CSM's.

Which can be made to beat every army short of maybe 1 or 2 armies in which no one would field due to their uselessness in 9/10 situations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allow me to apologize for my newness in the game of Warhammer, but what do you mean when you say that some armies are "broken"? I've only recently (March) started playing Warhammer so my experience against many different armies is quite limited. My good friend who has encouraged me to start playing the game has mentioned in the past that he feels certain armies are much stronger than others. Primarily, the newer the army, the stronger and more out-of-balance it becomes. Is this indeed the case?

Again, I hope I haven't strayed too far off of topic here. I just didn't want to start a whole new thread to field a small question.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by jroode View Post
    Allow me to apologize for my newness in the game of Warhammer, but what do you mean when you say that some armies are "broken"? I've only recently (March) started playing Warhammer so my experience against many different armies is quite limited. My good friend who has encouraged me to start playing the game has mentioned in the past that he feels certain armies are much stronger than others. Primarily, the newer the army, the stronger and more out-of-balance it becomes. Is this indeed the case?

Again, I hope I haven't strayed too far off of topic here. I just didn't want to start a whole new thread to field a small question.

Thanks!
    A broken army is an army that has some obvious problems, either overpowering or underpowering the army. The term is used, most often, to describe an army that is overpowered, though. This may include being able to compose an army list that doesn't require any strategy or tactics to play as it is just a steamroller of sorts. Doing so, though, is considered cheesy or beardy (cheap tricks) and frowned upon by the gaming community. There are some very obvious abuses of rules for particular armies that are considered broken. The counter argument is that the rules allow for it and it is, thus, not cheating, which is true. But there isn't much fun to be had in such games, often for both parties. This, in itself, does break the #1 rule of the game: have fun! Sometimes it is fun to go up against a army that abuses the rules if the initial intent is to do so, but this is the exception, not the rule.

From my perspective, newer armies take time to get used to both in playing with and against. To this end, it is more difficult to develope army lists that take advantage of the new rules that govern the army. Similarly, it takes time (perhaps more) for opponents of such armies to see flaws that might be exploited in combat. So to say newer armies are more out of balance is not true, they're just new!
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by loyalbabus View Post
    Thanks for the responses, to be honest I haven't started my 'cron army yet and was concerned more about how I should start spending my money. That said, I could understand GM never publishing an update based simply on the fact that they are by definition 'ageless and unchanging'. I would however look forward to leading my legions of Inferi Mechanicus under the gaze of a playable Omnissiah.
    If what you are looking for is getting an army that won't be updated any time soon, bide your time for a month or so and go Chaos. Other than demons, you're not likely to see a change to Chaos after the new Dex is released first week in September for a VERY LONG TIME, for obvious reasons.

That being said, Necrons and 'Nids are both 4th edition releases considered by GW and wider audiences to be powerful, still beatable, and "working as intended." It's probably a safe bet that if you build a Necron army it's not going to get screwed around with very much.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is absolutey only hearsay at the moment, but a necron player in my club mentioned something about a second troop option aside from warriors being introduced.

MIND: - rumour until confirmed
    - unconfirmed source ( he got it from an other forum)

it might be the sort of thing you heard about the 'update'.
    MvG, vindicator.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. August 5th, 2007, 23:39
  2. July 24th, 2007, 15:37