Questions for tau players - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Questions for tau players

Hiya gang . I am not a tau player but one of my regular opponets is ( as of a week ago) I have been playing this guy for a while ( he plays mostly IG, and SOBs but wanted to try somthing a little diffrent ) During some of our recent games he did a few things that I am unfamiliar with , because we don't have any other tau players in my group and I really don't know if they are legal. After the games I went and reread my copy of the codex and was still wasn't sureso here are my questions.

He had a unit of pirahns turbo charge into my center ( moved 24 inches ) line and drop off thier gun drones which then opened fire on a squad. the pirahnas did not fire because they couldnt after the turbo charge.

each squad that had a marker light used it on diffrent targets than the squad fired on ( I kinda know that battle suits can do that but what about the firewarriors? ) for example the fw shoot up a infantry squad but the marker light pointed it at my tanks.

So is this stuff legal ??

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Pirahna thing is illegal. Codex states "... drones may disengage in the same way as infantry dismount from a transport ..." which means the drones can't leave if it moved more than 6".

I do know the Firewarrior squad thing is legal if the guy with the markerlight has a Target Lock.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PeekItUp View Post
    The Pirahna thing is illegal. Codex states "... drones may disengage in the same way as infantry dismount from a transport ..." which means the drones can't leave if it moved more than 6".
    Well your wrong, the Piranha is open topped so drones can in fact assault in exactly the same way as a passenger from an open topped vehicle, a Piranha can move up to 12" and its drones can disembark and assault.
    In fact I don't know where you get the idea that passengers cannot disembark after a vehicle moves more than 6" from, its not in the 40K rule book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes marker lights CAN shoot diff targets and yes seeker missles can ALWAYS shoot, ALWAYS in any situation... if you ever want to ask if they can shoot a seeker missle, even if such and such happens... the anwser is ALWAYS yes. provided there is a markerlight hit to use to shoot the missle.

stunned,shaken,moved more than 12" etc.. the missle can still fire

i know you didnt ask this question but trust me it will come up at some point so i just want to throw it in here now.
    " i once attempted to help an inquisitor who had stumbled over a cliff, but i couldn't help thinking no good was going to come of him yelling DIE HERITIC!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    Well your wrong, the Piranha is open topped so drones can in fact assault in exactly the same way as a passenger from an open topped vehicle, a Piranha can move up to 12" and its drones can disembark and assault.
    In fact I don't know where you get the idea that passengers cannot disembark after a vehicle moves more than 6" from, its not in the 40K rule book.
    On page 62 of the rulebook it states that troops may not disembark if a vehicle moves more than 12" so it is definitely illegal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by raziel52000 View Post
    On page 62 of the rulebook it states that troops may not disembark if a vehicle moves more than 12" so it is definitely illegal
    Errrrrrr yeah problem for you is I never said that its legal for Piranhas to more than 12" and drop drones.

If you actually read my post I was answering the post from peek it up that states that nothing can disembark if a vehicle moves more then 6".. I said a piranha can move 'up to 12" and it drones can disembark and assault'. This is the case.

I clarified the rule for Adeptosh by stating the correct distance a Piranha can move and still drop its drones due to its open topped status, which peekitup had answered incorrectly.

I would advise reading posts properly next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Riki that is a bad call.

The guy clearly mentions the piranhas moving 24".

In which case your answer "yes they can drop off if it moves 12"" doesn't have any context.

I'm just backing up the other guy here, I don't think it's right you can flame someone like that and not realise you were in the wrong from the beginning.

The drones cannot pop off the piranha if it moved over 12". Everyone knows that, I'm just saying that riki was arguing over something that the other guy wasn't even wrong about.

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru
    Well your wrong
    Point is riki said this but he shouldn't have, and I'm giving him a heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Just juxtaposing the two relevant pieces from the members involved here.

Quote from PeekitUp: "The Pirahna thing is illegal. Codex states "... drones may disengage in the same way as infantry dismount from a transport ..." which means the drones can't leave if it moved more than 6"."

Quote from Rikimaru: "a Piranha can move up to 12" and its drones can disembark and assault.
    "

Riki is correct to point out the error of the permitted distance.

Now to quote verbatim from the BGB P.62: first bullet point of "Disembarking":

"If the vehicle has already moved, the passengers move only far enough to deploy, and cannot disembark at all if the vehicle moved more than 12 [inches]". (Brackets mine)

The vehicle may therefore move up to 12" and embarked passengers may still disembark.

So the Piranha 24" move followed by a disembarcation of the drones was indeed an illegal move.

As for the Markerlight targeting a separate enemy unit to that of the rest of the squad: that's fine as long as the ML holder has a Hard-wired Target Lock and the unit has taken a Target Priority Test.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by onlainari View Post
    Riki that is a bad call.

The guy clearly mentions the piranhas moving 24".

In which case your answer "yes they can drop off if it moves 12"" doesn't have any context.

I'm just backing up the other guy here, I don't think it's right you can flame someone like that and not realise you were in the wrong from the beginning.

The drones cannot pop off the piranha if it moved over 12". Everyone knows that, I'm just saying that riki was arguing over something that the other guy wasn't even wrong about.

Point is riki said this but he shouldn't have, and I'm giving him a heads up.
    What are you talking about Peekitup was wrong, he said this
    "which means the drones can't leave if it moved more than 6".

This is incorrect and this is what I was answering when I said this
    "your wrong"

Now correct me if I am wrong, but is the statement that passengers cannot disembark if a vehicle moves over 6" wrong, a vehicle can move up to 12" and the passengers can disembark

I also said this:
    "the Piranha is open topped so drones can in fact assault in exactly the same way as a passenger from an open topped vehicle, a Piranha can move up to 12" and its drones can disembark and assault"
    Which is absolutely correct and actually provides the correct answer to Adeptjosh's question, please not the "up to 12" and disembark and assault" part of that sentence.

I know the guy said it moved 24" which is why I provided him with the correct distance and rules for the drones disembarking.

Sheesh if I had answered Adeptjosh's question directly I would have stated that the 24" drone disembarking move was illegal, however I was answering Peekitup's reply to Adeptjosh's question and then went on to provide the correct information.

I was not flaming anyone, I told Peekitup he was wrong (which he is with the 6" statement) and then provided the correct rules, how is that flaming Oni.
    Last edited by Rikimaru; July 29th, 2007 at 19:44. Reason: Wrong name used in 1st sentence of reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

OKay so ... the pirahna cannot move 24 inches ( ie a turbo boost ) I get it.

A fw squad with a marker light can "fire " it at a seperate target than the rest of the squad so long as the guy has the right wargear. Is that statement correct ?

Just want to say thanks to everybody

What are you talking about Adeptjosh was wrong, he said this
    "which means the drones can't leave if it moved more than 6".
    Am I really wrong? , I don't remeber asking that but thanks for the help.
    rep for every one :w00t:

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast