Leapfrog with Monoliths - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leapfrog with Monoliths

Hi

I understand that under no conditions will you get to reroll WBB again by teleporting a squad a 2nd time with another Lith. However are you still able to teleport that squad with the other lith?

I had the idea during a recon mission of deep strikeing my Lith's in in a row on the table and just teleporting units from one to the other so they would be close to the deployment zone. (send a unit with a lord first, keep another lord behind, rez orb both) That way i could, over a couple of turns and combined with the movement of the destroyers/destroyer lord) get most of my army near/into the enemy deployment zone.

My opponent insisted that I coudln't do this. So did a couple other people in the store. But they sited no rules reasons other than "it shouldn't be allowed." Is there anything keeping me from teleporting a squad twice with two different monoliths?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

sorry blackstone, you cant. see the box in your codex, in the necron special rules section, titled 'chain teleportation'. you never can teleport something more than once.
    VASSAL record:
    too many, gave up counting. rough estimates of 10% even steven, 25% omg i lostorz! and 65% PWNED NEWBS! ^^

<Tossy> Crons are freaking invincible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for pointing that out. I'd never noticed that little box at the bottom of the page I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Blackstone View Post
    Hi

I understand that under no conditions will you get to reroll WBB again by teleporting a squad a 2nd time with another Lith. However are you still able to teleport that squad with the other lith?

I had the idea during a recon mission of deep strikeing my Lith's in in a row on the table and just teleporting units from one to the other so they would be close to the deployment zone. (send a unit with a lord first, keep another lord behind, rez orb both) That way i could, over a couple of turns and combined with the movement of the destroyers/destroyer lord) get most of my army near/into the enemy deployment zone.

My opponent insisted that I coudln't do this. So did a couple other people in the store. But they sited no rules reasons other than "it shouldn't be allowed." Is there anything keeping me from teleporting a squad twice with two different monoliths?
    do you mean to teleport in the one turn, or the turn after... i always thought u could teleport them each turn, please correct me if im wrong
    Record with Necrons
    W:0 D:0 L:0
    1st Game: Pending

Record with Nids
    W:0 D:0 L:0
    1st Game: Pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can only teleport a unit once each turn, through any method- you can't veil and use a monolith for the same unit in the same turn, for example.
    You can use a monolith's ability every turn on the same unit if you want (or use two monoliths on one unit over two turns).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Very well said Geep

Nonetheless, Veil and Monolith means you don't really need chain teleporting. We're lucky enough to have standard multiple teleport in the first place )
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

+ Reply to Thread