Biker Council - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Biker Council

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Biker Council

Has anyone ever used the Jetbike Seer Council? Farseer with fortune, Warlock with enhance, Warlock with conceal, and a few warlocks with destructor all on jetbikes. It is really expensive to field, but you have a unit that has a 3+/4+/5+ re-roll save and a bunch of S5 flame templates (and maybe eldritch blast too). Now it looks good on paper, but does it work well in game?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Short answer is no. It costs way to much and shining spears would be much better.

Having said that though I found warlocks aren't that bad in a wave serpent. They aren't the most competitive choice but fun to play and still effective. They don't need a farseer to babysit them either.

10 Warlocks /w 4 singing spears, 1 enhance, 1 embolden, 3 destructors
    Wave Serpent /w twin-shurikannons, spirit stones, vectored engines, star engines

OR

5 Warlocks /w 1 singing spear, 1 embolden, 1 enhance
    Autarch /w power weapon, mandiblasters, fusion gun (phoenix lord could replace this guy)
    Falcon /w scatter laser, holo-fields, spirit stones, vectored engines, star engines

That's how I prefer to see Seer Councils. They just don't really work on bikes.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I do.

I use four, 3 with witch blades and one with a spear (the farseer has a spear also). I take embolden, enhance and destructor as the warlock powers and cast fortune on them.

It's a solid unit, if very expensive. Dangerous in combat, and still good in subsequent rounds (unlike spears). In the face of power weapons and power fists they're also still very nasty. As long as you're reasonably careful with them, they do well.

You don't need to rely on transports, or have the downside of having to get back on board after attacking an enemy unit before moving on to another target.

But you don't need conceal. You've got 3+/4+ save as it is, and as long as you don't turbo boost into LoS of psycannons, they will always get a save. Conceal is pretty much useless.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I´d say it´s way too expensive compared to anything similarly deadly(spears, harlies in serpent, infiltrating scorps etc) to be effective. Fun to field, but way to expensive. Could be fun in (very) friendly games though. :yes:

Currently painting The Pink Slaughter (Slaanesh CSM), Waaaaagh Bigtoof (Orks) for 40k/OnePage40k and UCM Ferrum 2nd for Dropzone Commander.
    Gallery:http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/us...tiebestie.html

+ Reply to Thread