war walkers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: war walkers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

war walkers

how do you eldar players equip your war walkers?
    i was thinking that there mainly anti light infantry
    are they worth the points fully kitted with weapons?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are quite right. They are indeed very effective against infantry, heavy or light. They are also pretty good at taking out lighter vehicles, especially squadrons such as sentinels, land speeders, ork buggies and such, as well as rhinos and other transports.

The usual thing to do is to equip them with all scatter lasers. Three of these boys pump out 24 S6 shots, which is good against anything, even marines.

I personally sometimes field a smaller squad of two, with either all scatter lasers or one scatter and one star cannons. While mixing weapons is never recommended this gives me a certain flexibility against marines for targeting squads as well as rhinos.
    Currently painting The Pink Slaughter (Slaanesh CSM), Waaaaagh Bigtoof (Orks) for 40k/OnePage40k and UCM Ferrum 2nd for Dropzone Commander.
    Gallery:http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/us...tiebestie.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the information!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

I run 1 squad with all scatter lasers and 1 with all emls - but only in smaller games. (we usually only play 1000pts because a lot of us are building different armies).
    Scatter lasers are just awesome - high Strength, high Rate of Fire. Kills anything from grots to marines to landspeeders and even rhinos. And the long range helps keep them out of massed bolter fire (which they die from. Badly. Hell, they'll pack it in if someone so much as points in their direction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im kind of torn as to whether I should bring a Reaper squad or a war walker squad... When I bring walkers I like scatters, or star cannons. What do you all think? p.s. I play against many differnt races, not just Marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Personally I pick the walkers - the s6 is still enough to make marines tremble that and the vast number of shots make them versatile against both MEQ's, light vehicles and infantry hordes - and everything in between.
    Scatter lasers are also cheaper than starcannons - and get twice the shots. A unit of 3 with scatter lasers will set you back 180pts - a lot cheaper than the same amount of starcannons which will set you back well over the 200 mark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

War walkers with scatter lasers are very worth their points. Even more so if you use a farseer to cast guide on them, which helps to get rid of their so-so BS. Due to their massive amount of shots they can effectively be used to shoot anything from infantry to light vehicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer walkers over reapers any day. They are more mobile, flexible and have more firepower to take out different units, while reapers are really only good against infantry.
    Currently painting The Pink Slaughter (Slaanesh CSM), Waaaaagh Bigtoof (Orks) for 40k/OnePage40k and UCM Ferrum 2nd for Dropzone Commander.
    Gallery:http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/us...tiebestie.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems people like the walkers better, what about them being fragile? (maybe I was leaning towards reapers cause I have the models, lol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be the bad guy

I prefer reapers over walkers.

Walkers are fine, but they scream "T-A-R-G-E-T" to everyone, and they can't survive unless you are lucky and very careful...which effectively limits their offense fairly often.

With Reapers, you stick them in cover. There are valid arguments over which unit is more survivable, but I'll take a cover save over AV 10 any day of the weak...combine it with fortune (if you're lucky) and you'll definately stick around for another volley.

Yes, scat lasers are nice, but you can get those on any vehicle.

If you want to put out firepower use the reapers, and get vehicles with some speed instead.

The only exception where I would shun Reapers in favor of walkers is if points were an issue (like you are playing a small game).

Good luck
    Have fun,

Frank

"Orcs are what happens when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles grow old and bitter."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast