O'Mal'caor - Special Character - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O'Mal'caor - Special Character

Hey everyone just wanted to put out a special character I made for my pirate army.

O'MAL'CAOR - COMMANDER NIGHTSHADE

General info: A good friend to Commander Brightsword, Commander Nightshade participated in dozens of different campaigns ranging from the Damocles Crusade to the Assault on Nimbosa. Regarding long range fighting as cowardly yet necessary, Nightshade has honed his close combat skills to a deadly level, greater even than Farsight himself. A curious habit of his is to hoard items from his enemies which he perceives as treasures and adorns his battlesuit with various trophies and weapons. While brilliant and cunning, O'Mal'caor has been thought of as brash and undiscplined. Loved by his troops, disliked by the ethereals, and feared by his enemies, Nightshade will smash away any resistance in the way of the Greater Good, or the greater good he believes in...

Commander Nightshade Cost 175 Points

Nightshade

WS : 5 / BS : 4 / S : 5 / T : 4 / W : 4 / I : 5 / A : 4(6) / Ld : 10 / Sv : 3+

Special Character: Commander Nightshade is a special character. He may be used in Tau armies of 1,500 points as an HQ choice. You may not select any additional equipment from the armoury.

Equipment: XV8 Crisis battlesuit, vectored retro-thrusters, shield generator, Mal'caor Sho'aun Or'es, Y'he'D'nan

Unit Type: Jump Infantry (Jetpack)

SPECIAL RULES
    Lone Unit: O'Mal'caor is used to fighting by himself. In fact, he enjoys it and is most effective alone. O'Mal'caor is an independent character. He may never join or be joined by any other unit.

Y'he'D'nan: Over the course of the years on several different fronts, O'Mal'caor obtained many items with unique abilities and powers. Y'He'D'nan or "Twin Poisoned Swords" were the blades of a Venemun assassin sent to assassinate O'Mal'caor during the Damocles Crusade. All base attacks (including those for charging) are poisoned and wound on a 3+.

Mal'caor Sho'aun Or'es: Possibly one of the most interesting and useful item in O'Mal'caor's inventory of looted treasures, the Mal'caor Sho'aun Or'es or "Spider harness" was taken off the back of a dead techmarine during the assault on Nimbosa. Heavily modified by O'Mal'caor's earth caste engineers, it no longer has the role of fixing vehicles. Rather its role is to smash its enemies to pieces. The Spider harness confers a +2 attack bonus (these attacks are not poisoned) and carries a flamer with it. The harness may freeze up (as it is makeshift and experimental) if either harness attacks rolls a 1, losing both harness attacks until the end of the assault phase.

Unconventional Cadre:
    Favoring stealth and speed over anything else, Nightshade has taught and arrange his cadre to perform his ideas. Stealth suit squads count as 1+ units in the same way as firewarriors. All firewarrior squads must have devilfish transports. In addition, no ethereals may be included in a Nightshade army.

I wanted this character to be modeled after a spider, hence the 8 limbs and poisoned attacks. I could think of no long range abilities spiders have so I fashioned him into a CC character devoted to close combat and almost no long range (except a flamer). The fluff, I believe fits in although correct me if I'm wrong. If anyone can give me ideas on how to make a techmarine servo harness look more nimble and tauish, that would be great. Comments and criticism welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Swiftwing View Post
    Hey everyone just wanted to put out a special character I made for my pirate army.

General info: A good friend to Commander Brightsword, Commander Nightshade participated in dozens of different campaigns ranging from the Damocles Crusade to the Assault on Nimbosa. Regarding long range fighting as cowardly yet necessary, Nightshade has honed his close combat skills to a deadly level, greater even than Farsight himself. A curious habit of his is to hoard items from his enemies which he perceives as treasures and adorns his battlesuit with various trophies and weapons. While brilliant and cunning, O'Mal'caor has been thought of as brash and undiscplined. Loved by his troops, disliked by the ethereals, and feared by his enemies, Nightshade will smash away any resistance in the way of the Greater Good, or the greater good he believes in...

Nightshade

Special Character: Commander Nightshade is a special character. He may be used in Tau armies of 1,500 points as an HQ choice. You may not select any additional equipment from the armoury.

Equipment: XV8 Crisis battlesuit, vectored retro-thrusters, shield generator, Mal'caor Sho'aun Or'es, Y'he'D'nan

SPECIAL RULES
    Lone Unit: O'Mal'caor is used to fighting by himself. In fact, he enjoys it and is most effective alone. O'Mal'caor is an independent character. He may never join or be joined by any other unit.

In addition to this how about him not counting as the army commander, more of a solo operator? Therefore you would still need another HQ choice.

Y'he'D'nan: Over the course of the years on several different fronts, O'Mal'caor obtained many items with unique abilities and powers. Y'He'D'nan or "Twin Poisoned Swords" were the blades of a Venemun assassin sent to assassinate O'Mal'caor during the Damocles Crusade. All base attacks (including those for charging) are poisoned and wound on a 3+.

Standard rules for poisoning are 4+ I wouldn't muck with it.

Mal'caor Sho'aun Or'es: Possibly one of the most interesting and useful item in O'Mal'caor's inventory of looted treasures, the Mal'caor Sho'aun Or'es or "Spider harness" was taken off the back of a dead techmarine during the assault on Nimbosa. Heavily modified by O'Mal'caor's earth caste engineers, it no longer has the role of fixing vehicles. Rather its role is to smash its enemies to pieces. The Spider harness confers a +2 attack bonus (these attacks are not poisoned) and carries a flamer with it. The harness may freeze up (as it is makeshift and experimental) if either harness attacks rolls a 1, losing both harness attacks until the end of the assault phase.

Unconventional Cadre:
    Favoring stealth and speed over anything else, Nightshade has taught and arrange his cadre to perform his ideas. Stealth suit squads count as 1+ units in the same way as firewarriors. All firewarrior squads must have devilfish transports. In addition, no ethereals may be included in a Nightshade army.

I wanted this character to be modeled after a spider, hence the 8 limbs and poisoned attacks. I could think of no long range abilities spiders have so I fashioned him into a CC character devoted to close combat and almost no long range (except a flamer). The fluff, I believe fits in although correct me if I'm wrong. If anyone can give me ideas on how to make a techmarine servo harness look more nimble and tauish, that would be great. Comments and criticism welcome.

Sounds OK but no ranged support apart from flamer?

I think this character despite the amount of attacks he will have problems against some armies in H2H.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

You may want to make the Y'he'D'nan a power weapon and make Mal'caor Sho'aun Or'es stength 10 and ignore armour.

Also, give him a stealth related ability and mabye a movement related one as well (perhaps turn his jump pack into a normal jet pack).

It came from the warp... Fleeting Ęther's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Swiftwing View Post

Nightshade

SPECIAL RULES

Unconventional Cadre:

Well for a spider web gun you could use the Eldar Warp Spider Exarch which shoots a net of monofilament wire(basically strong fishing line) to constrict the opponent and slice through their flesh. It's a back mounted weapon so no hands need to be used for it.
    Here's a link to the components for that weapon.
    http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...4030&orignav=9
    Scratchbuilding Fire Prism Crystals
    2K Mech Eldar in 2010: 25Win/4Lose/8Draw

+ Reply to Thread