Tau and Apocalypse - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

Tau and Apocalypse

I know Apocalypse isnt out yet but im wondering what sort of expansions if any you will be making to your tau forces and what units will prove to be effective in the massive games.

I currently only have about 800pts but look to expand quite a bit with the new rapid insertion and armoured interdiction forces being released

BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling that lots of railguns is going to be needed to counter the superheavies and titans. Therefore, lots of railguns. Broadsides and hammerheads for me.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

157 (x3)

Lots of railguns will definatly be needed im also thinking without force organization you could have quite a few lone xv8s with TL fusion blasters and TA they should definatly be able to deal with armour even if they would be going on a suicide mission. Ive seen the 10 leman russ box set and that many russ aswell as 100s of gaurd can cause alot of hurt chuck in a baneblade or 2 and how much fun will that be to try and deal with im looking forward to apocalypse i hope im not disapointed.

Though i know nothing about super heavies, how hard are they to kill ? and do tau have any good ones available to them?
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Super-Heavies are like anything else: throw enough at them and they will go down. I faced off Farsight, a Broadside, a Sunforge (TLF and something else against a friend's Baneblade, with the Tau forces equalling the points value of the BB. He was able to do some damage but Farsight took two Structure Points off it himself in combat. The Sunforge managed to get into striking distance by using cover on the approach and removed the third SP and the coupde grace was delivered by the BASS.

Not so indestructible after all. Or maybe I just got lucky. No matter what it was, it still showed me that the big tank wasn't indefatigable.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Can anyone say 20 shas'els?

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Is that legal? I hope they put some restrictions or we will be seeing an army of 100 death cult assassins or 60 Lascannon sentinels;?.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

157 (x3)

Whos gunna be sad enough to buy 100 death cult assasins, i think most people will be doing themed realistic armies at large scale like entire gaurd and marine companys with extra tanks.
    The games should be better if there are 2 armys that actually look like armys playing against eachother
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i barely have enough time to get a 2000 point a week game in so I know I'm never gonna be able to do 5 or 10000 points!!

Still will be nice if they do plastic orca's or tigersharks for a decent price.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xsickpeoplex View Post
    i barely have enough time to get a 2000 point a week game in so I know I'm never gonna be able to do 5 or 10000 points!!

Still will be nice if they do plastic orca's or tigersharks for a decent price.
    I think Tau will be reliant on XV8's (the rapid response box set), XV88's and the Hammerheads railgun (Hammerhead boxset), we do have super heavy flyers avaialble but there is no way these are going to be converted to plastic models.

The Baneblade will sell so are worth the cost to convert.

I am wondering what other armies will be using, I suppose Marines and Chaos have the titans (so do Eldar) but what will they use for tanks etc.

I am interested to see how exactly GW are going to balance this because I can see certain armies being massively overpowered, IG have an enormous range of powerful tanks that other lists simply cannot match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

157 (x3)

A normal tank costs between 140 and 180pts i think correct me if im wrong and to reliably take one out in 1 turn it will take 2 half range fusion gun hits as they will penetrate even A14 most of the time with the extra penetration dice and with 2 hits you should destroy.

Im no tau expert but you seem to know ur stuff riki so what do you think of these as tank hunters

2x XV8 with TL Fusion blasters, TA with team leader TL - it costs 116pts and i think could destroy a tank a turn so normal tanks shouldnt be a problem
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast