Zilla vs Honor Wargear Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zilla vs Honor Wargear Marines

I have been playing a vanilla Zilla list (8Mc's, 30 stealers) and have been doing quite well with them. however this weekend I am up against a tooled marine army. 6 Honor your War Gear tacs squads with laz cannon and missile launchers, 3 lascannon preds, makes upwards of 15 laz cannon shots, and 6 missile launcher shots per turn along with a pimped termie librarian with a force weapon and a group of ass cannon termie buddies.

I think I'm about to have my comeuppance, which is fine. But would like to put up the best fight possible. any advice on tactics?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

This is why I don't like Zilla personally, b/c of its theoretical fragility in this type of situation.

That being said, more specifics on your Zilla would help. Give everything devourers, and the heavy fexes vc/bs combos, make sure you sit in cover whenever possible, and overload the marines with wounds. Use the sniperfexes on the preds to keep them silenced or killed. That is to say, if you just "shake" one, fire the next sniperfex at a different one. Don't worry so much about killing them.

Naturally, split the genestealers into 5 squads, 6 if you can cheapen the zilla and buy more. Don't spend points on defensive biomorphs ... he's going to be denying your saves and T7 anyway ... try to get more stealers out of it, and possibly some Tyrant Guard. If you can get Tyrant Guard, save that tyrant for the librarian, since he can't single the Tyrant out and you can burn the force weapon on the guard.

Also, put shadow in the warp on one of said tyrants.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

list is
    3 sniper fexs with extra wounds
    3 daka daka fexs
    1 walk rant with VC, BS and extended carpace
    1 fly rant with twin devs and warp field
    5 squads of 6 stealers.

Yes i only take the extra wounds option on my sniper fexs. Though my winged devil rant has a warp field and my walk rant has extended carpace (thought rant guards too expensive).

I do take my stealers in squads of 6.

Not much I can do to change my list at this point, it's intended to be a tourny list so I don't want to tweak it for each opponent.

I don't mind losing, this list has surely given its fair share of beatings thus far. I just want to make the best showing possible.

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

I would tweak in general almost and give your walking rant guard instead of ec, and twin tl devourers instead of vc/bs ... just my reiterative $.02 .l.. these changes for any opponent (i.e. to your tourney list).

I agree with you on not tweaking ... it is something I also do not do.

Overload a flank with the dakka and dedicate one fex to each predator.
    Avoid the urge to spread out at all, not that you probably do as a zillaplayer. You really want to get into his side of the board fast, use intervening terrain to cut some of his boys out of the fight, that kinda stuff. Nidzilla isn't maneuverable, but I highly encourage you to maneuver - even if it takes you out of shooting a turn or two. Remember that only his termies and preds can move and shoot.

Don't engage the termies in close combat. When they drop or when you have them in sight, put every bullet you've got into them. This is another reason to go with a 2 tl devourer set up on your walking tyrant as well.

I'd almost consider sending a couple squads of stealers through cover but in plain sight, see if your opponent bites the bait and starts splitting his fire up.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

+ Reply to Thread