Mixed special weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mixed special weapons

I was thinking about using a mix of special weapons in my mobs. The primary reason for this is because Burna Boyz come in blisters of 2, but I can have three special weapons per mob. So I was thinking about converting the many shootas I have laying around into big shootas, giving each mob 2 burnzas and a big shoota. Is this viable, or is it better to use a single type of heavy weapon per mob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Well my experience is that more of a single weapon is better, however this is because I've never really tried mixing and matching. I suppose it could work, you'd have to try it out first and see if you like the way it works.

Because of the shoddy aim of our precious greenskins we're left with only a minimum of shots hitting, so in my opinion, on the whole that big shoota won't do you that much good.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

First law of orks: more is better. Second law of orks: more is better. THIRD law of orks: MORE IS BETTA! WAAAAAAAAAGH!.

Ok, silliness aside, this still holds true. Mixing matching is a BAD idea with orks, even more than other units. You take away specialization and options then.
    Especially in the dakka/boom(big shoota and rokkits) orky BS is horrible. You need numbers, 3 rokkits in a squad nets about one hit. Otherwise, spaced out you need 3 squads to accomplish the same effect, that's 3 squads that lost the ability to charge something other than that target.

No assault = dead orks

If you pack in the same weapons into the squad then your chances of accomplishing the job with fewer squads committing to the same target are better.

In short, I would stick with 3 burnas in a squad, or 3 rokkits, or 3 big shootas.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

I agree with the posters above, with one exception: mixing burnas.

In cityfight, I've often gone with 1 burna and 2 rokkits, or 2/1. It does work well, as it makes any mob highly dangerous to opponents in cover, and adds some punch in HtH. As you don't really need 3 burnas, having 1-2 rokkits allows you to snipe dreads or marines as well.

This said, this mixing works well only when using sewer rats, as you can come out from anywhere on the board.
    "Politics is the womb in which war develops"
    Clausewitz

+ Reply to Thread