looking to get into tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking to get into tau

Was just wondering a few things.
    Does anyone use the airbursting frag projector?
    Does the AFP use the same blast marker as the submunition round?
    What about the cyclonic ion blaster?

Has anyone ever tested these together for anti-horde army?

thanks for the advice

Ghost's of Terra
    trait chapter

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

1. I have used the AFP and enjoyed it. Just cant seem to ever fit it in my list. Its phenominal against GEQ's in cover and it just DEVOURS ripper swarms. the Standard setup for the AFP is
    Shas'Ui AFP,TL-Flamers MT (stim injectors really help if you want to make him a team leader).

2. It uses the Large template. So yea the submunition one.

3 The CIB is a heated topic. I personally love the thing as its more than capable of chewing through any infintry you point it at. I use the following setup

Shas'El CIB,PR,TA,HW-MT. Hitting on 2's with the CIB is ALOT of shooty death
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was just thinking of using both together as an anti-infantry commander or bodyguard.
    around me there are alot of horde and swarm armies. then theres the fact that lthrowing lots of dice is never a bad thing
    Ghost's of Terra
    trait chapter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

The AFP will be good against the horde armies and if that the kind of army you face a lot then things to consider are the Burst Cannon, Missile Pod. Each can bu used depending on what kind of horde your talking about.

Missle Pod is good against those with a 4+ save
    Burst Cannon is good vs the 5+ save
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know i would like to play test this build because of the pie plate and the amount of shots from the CIP is ridiculous. the saves a unit would have to make from just 1 suit firing it very nice. and just for the sake of modeling i love the way the burst cannon looks. the missile pods are effective(or so ive read) but look meh
    Ghost's of Terra
    trait chapter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me the CiB is really underpowered. strength is way to low. i used it against a troop heavy IG list once and it did pretty much nothing.

against a horde army I'd stick to firewarriors in devilfish, railheads with subs, stealth suits for your burst cannons (a team of 6 all TA and burst cannons will do a hell of a lot of damage to guants and guard if you use cover and junmp shoot jump)and deathrains to kill MC's or transports. leaving your HQ to carry the heavy stuff (plasma and fusion) just in case.

The AFP would be fun but since it is ordanace and you can only have it on your 'El or 'O your wasting their BS.

but then again thats just me and one mans porridge is another mans gravy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I don't really like those special issue weapons. I like my Plasmaguns and Fusion Blaster to much to go for something like that. Special issue weapons also tend to make the commander more of a target than he needs to be, although this can be used to your advatage. Use him as a CC magnet... Kind of expansive though! I must admit that AFP can really lay down the hurting in COD. Nothing like negating that cover save.

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMasterNemesiiii View Post
    i was just thinking of using both together as an anti-infantry commander or bodyguard.
    around me there are alot of horde and swarm armies. then theres the fact that lthrowing lots of dice is never a bad thing
    In my experience (which is, I must admit, somewhat limited) of these 2 weapons, I've found the AFP to be by far and away the best of the 2. The "ignores cover saves" is a real bonus and this came in REALLY useful in a Cityfight/Cities of Death campaign I was involved in at the time. And, as has been said, the fact that it's a "guess" weapon means that you don't need to give it to any suit with a higher than ave BS, otherwise you're just wasting that extra BS. All-in-all I doubt if I'd bother using the CIB again unless I was going to be playing low T, low AS troops - the high rate of fire doesn't really compensate for the (surprisingly) low Str. The AFP, however, I'd be happy to take against any troops since the more troops you can hit (with that awfully nice large template), the more AS's your opponent is likely to have to make (T notwithstanding, of course) And the more he has to make, the more figures he will lose.

~ Ravenscraig ~
    Last edited by Ravenscraig; August 30th, 2007 at 17:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How i use the AFB is that I upgrade one of my XV8 Elites and stick it on him, because he doesn't need BS and he is a lot less of a target than yor commander
    The Aun's servant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the aun's servant View Post
    How i use the AFB is that I upgrade one of my XV8 Elites and stick it on him, because he doesn't need BS and he is a lot less of a target than yor commander
    yeah i just realised that you can do that.....think i will have a dabble with it in a 2500 list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast