quick question about models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quick question about models

my buddy switched from nids to crons a little while ago and gave me all his models. I was wondering is i would have to replace the warriors, fexes, tyrants since games workshop released new boxes for all of them of are they ok to use in a tournament the way they are now? if this has already been covered in a post can you tell me where it is?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

No your good. You can always use models from previous editions, unless expressly stated somewhere. Just think of the uproar GW would have if they made people ditch and re buy their armies every time they updated the game. So yeah, your fine. Although, I must say, the new nids do look incredible...
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by sideralarts View Post
    a little while ago --- would have to replace the warriors, fexes, tyrants?
    --- One question: How long is this "Little while"? The Warriors got last redone for the 3rdEd Tyranid Codex, about six years back, so unless your buddy played with them way back in the 2ndEd, you should have the current models. =)

As for the Tyrant and 'Fex, BIGphil22X is correct, you're free to use any old GW models... Assuming they still remain WYSIWYG-compliant with the current Codex armaments and biomorphs, of course.

I use my 4thEd 'Fexes for Hvy Support, while my 3rdEd ones depict Elite 'Fexes. =)
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread