Would a Battlesuit list work? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would a Battlesuit list work?

So my question is, would a army list set up on the idea that everything should be wearing a crisis suit of some form or another?

so that means 2 HQ with full body guards

3 teams of crisis suits in elites, max suits

and 3 max teams of broadsides (was there an 0-1 limit on these i cant remember, my codex is not around)

so would it?

oh and of course with some measly human auxiliaries and firewarrior teams stuck in just to fill the troop choices.

Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    So my question is, would a army list set up on the idea that everything should be wearing a crisis suit of some form or another?

so that means 2 HQ with full body guards

3 teams of crisis suits in elites, max suits

and 3 max teams of broadsides (was there an 0-1 limit on these i cant remember, my codex is not around)

so would it?

oh and of course with some measly human auxiliaries and firewarrior teams stuck in just to fill the troop choices.

First off, this should probably be in the Army List section of the Tau board.
    the idea however really works well against those pesky MEQ armies. Just load the up with loads of TL Plasmaguns and Missile Pods. Add a Multi-Tracker to make every thing shoot at once.

The Broadsides are good for tank busting, so they are well wordh it, but usually 1 team maxed with TL Plasmaguns and Shield Generators will be enough to take out those pesky tanks/walkers. I've seen those guys just rip appart tanks like there is no tomorrow. Only thing I can think off that would validade an extra team qould be if your up against IG AC armies, but then I tend to think VX8's with TL Fusion Blasters are more effective since they can keep out of their field of fire in a more effective manner.

Hope it helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help.
    The idea of a tooled out battle suit army has been added to my final 1500-2000 point army ideas
    It fits under the category of

Awesome models
    mobility
    fire-power

only problem is the lack of close combat, only real reason that stopping me from going and getting it.

Cheers! :drinking:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

only problem is the lack of close combat, only real reason that stopping me from going and getting it.

The lack of CC is not that big of a deal. You can often manouver away from it. Just prioritize your fire. Jumppackers and Bikers first! Other than that you should have minimal problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not take a full team of stealths too??

this kind of list would struggle against Nid's or IG troop army just because you couldn't lay down enough shots.

but if noone in your area plays that kind of list dew it!!!

Plus don't underestimate the power of rapid fire FW jumping out of the back of a devilfish to take out a squad of termies!!

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Thanks for the help.
    The idea of a tooled out battle suit army has been added to my final 1500-2000 point army ideas
    It fits under the category of

Awesome models
    mobility
    fire-power

If you want better CC capability, have you thought about doing a Farsight Enclave? As well as the Farsight character himself I think you can take up to 10 suits as BG. The list has other restrictions, of course, but it doesn't look as if you're going to be bothered by them. I would strongly suggest that you check the various Farsight threads by using the search engine and that should give you a good feel for the benefits/disadvantages of a Farsight Enclave as well as giving a good idea of what this particular list can do.

~ Ravenscraig ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

close combat is pretty much a no no in any tau list that doesn't have Kroot.

I don't use kroot in my list at all (just cause i hate the assualt phase!) therefore i try to shoot everything to death and manouvre out of charge range so i can't get tied up into CC.

You shouldn't let the lack of Tau ability in CC put you of doing that army. I think it would be mint.

But if CC is a worry you can always go farsight like my man Ravenscraig said (although this would be best if you regulary battle orks as even guants can cause suits problems in CC)

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Ravenscraig View Post
    If you want better CC capability, have you thought about doing a Farsight Enclave? As well as the Farsight character himself I think you can take up to 10 suits as BG. The list has other restrictions, of course, but it doesn't look as if you're going to be bothered by them. I would strongly suggest that you check the various Farsight threads by using the search engine and that should give you a good feel for the benefits/disadvantages of a Farsight Enclave as well as giving a good idea of what this particular list can do.

~ Ravenscraig ~
    A Farsight Enclave can take a maximum of 20 XV8 Crisis suits. It's impressive to see (yes, I have an FSE with 13 at the moment and 7 awaiting the glue to be applied).

Farsight + 7 Bodyguards, obligatory Commander with 2 BGs and a total of 9 more in the Elites section.

The new Rapid Insertion Force boxed set from GW will go almost half way to building this lot.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post

The new Rapid Insertion Force boxed set from GW will go almost half way to building this lot.

E.
    The starting point of the hole idea any idea when it hits the stores?

Anyway, for a farsight enclave the bonus's he gives in terms of CC benefit crisis suits don't they?

Hmmmmm 20 battlesuits....*drools*
    Now would they be anygood in CC with farsight at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this list would take down just about any MEQ or tougher list I can think of. However, I think it would suffer against a fast Nid list FSE or not. Tyranids can catch XV8s and without anti-horde firepower you might get caught quite fast. Now if you throw in 2 FW squads w/transports and one or two railheads, then the list becomes more balanced and able to handle a wider variety of opponents.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast