Librarium Online Forums banner

Best of the Tau

2K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  Rikimaru 
#1 ·
In everyone's opinion, what are the best Tau units for each section and why?

IMO:
Shas'el with NO body guard, cheaper then Shas'o and can be upgraded to be just as good.
Fire Warriors, i have never really used kroot.
Crisis, i have never used stealth lol
Path finders, benefit the entire army
Hammerhead with railgun, better then broadside cause they are mobile.

#3 ·
HQ: Farsight :) if only he wasnt a renegade.
Elite: Crisis suits by far
Fast attack: Pathfinders
Troops: Fire warriors
Heavy support: railheads

These are my personal favorites. I like hammerheads too much to play farsight but he is cool model and has amazing stats. I know every choice has its value these are just mine for each section. I have tried out every option for tau units minus sniper drones. and human aux.

#4 ·
Ya so, nobody likes kroot lol...

I think that for fast attack, piranahs can be really good when used right. here is a scenario

there is a squad of 8 termies in a LR crusader, thats like 700 points in guys. i send in like, 250-300 points in piranahs, surround the LR, the termies no can not get out cause i am blocking the exits, so i blow it up, and now the enemy has lost half his army in one turn!!!

#10 ·
No way! How many times have you seen them blown out of the sky by those "lucky 6s". Darnit, thats why I play infantry armies, with a exception to my IG which has 2 Lemans because they can hold their own. AV14 is the only way to go and anything below makes me cry in agony. Its a shame to because those submunition shots are great MEQ-gobblers. Personally the only Tau vehicle I think is worth it is the Piranahs. They just rock in COD (which is my rulesset of choice) for taking buildings and targets at end game. Of course we can't forget their ability to get does extra dice for AP on vehicle with ease. All of this and its still dirt cheap. If one gets blown out of the sky its a shame, but survivable points-wise.

My favorite would be the Crisis Suit, though. I'm a sucker for mechs and the munch MEQs like no other! TL Plasmagun makes and a Targeting Array --> 3 men squad. Those guys are the 195 points of DOOM!

#6 ·
Kroot in conjunction with Vespid in wooded cover. Very interesting combination and rather successful too, as long as the woods areas are of a decent size.

E.

(I shall now go and take cover)

#7 ·
This is a little theory-hammer since, to be honest, I'm not very experienced with the list, but just on sight, I think the Tau list is one of the most balanced. With a few exceptions, most units fit neatly into a role and do it fairly well..

Hammerhead vs. Broadside = Depends entirely on the rest of your army and what your priorities are.

A lot of the time you can't really take them out of context, because context decides the nature of the game.

#36 ·
in a one character battle i would use a single souped up broadside, no matter how many wound a character has one broadside will put it down no time
Not true, there are a fair few models over toughness 5 (which is the maximum tgh for insta kill with a STR10 weapon), plenty of models have TGH6 and will only lose one wound when hit with a railgun.

#9 ·
HQ: The Sun'O and the Ninja' O.
Elite: both elites are great, can't leave home without one of each.
Troop: Kroot are awesome.
Fast: Tetras and Piranhas make sweet sweet love tougher.
Heavy: RH, Bass, and IC's are all very viable.

No one unit is the pownzore in a Tau army, but some would argue FK's and RH's. They are great, but they make an extremely boring army such as Iron Warriors (point and shoot). Tau work best in a balance, that’s my two cents.

#11 ·
Best for each section and why, all things considered...

As has been said, the "best" is often a place of context, so I will put down what I find to be the overall best, that is, what the selection can do that the other selections can't, and how it makes them necessary.

HQ: Shas'el + Plasma + Fusion + TA + HWMT.
I personally prefer the plasma/missle config, but this fills the role of fast MEQ elimination and vehicle hunting. What he hits, he kills, and for a good chunk less than the Shas'O. I only take one because I have to, they're still pricey in relation to reg crisis.

ELITES: Crisis + Plasma + Missle + MT
Bread and butter baby. They fight everything, and they kill everything. Especially MEQs. It has been argued that Burning Eyes (Plasma+Plasma+TA) are more efficient versus marines, and it is really only the Elites section of our codex that can deal with MEQs, however the Fireknife has nearly identical power from 12-24", and infinitely more powerful up to 36", as well as versatile and effective against armour up to AV 13 (making them efficient transport hunters.

TROOPS: 6 Fire Warriors + Devilfish + SMS + Multi + TA + DL
Gamers of LO will vehemently defend the Fishes of Fury tactic, which involves a full squad of fire warriors and a minimum strength Devilfish. However, the Warfish is far more versatile and durable. As opposed to a maximum 3-shot/game unit, it can fight for the full game, does not need another unit to function, can deposit its fire warriors at objectives or use them as emergency firepower, and can act as a skimmer wall/target priority for your more valuable/less durable units. It's great against assaulters and infantry, and Troops need to deal with other troops. Our other choices need to deal with the more elite foes.

FAST ATTACK: I don't use fast attack. My advice is void here.

HEAVY SUPPORT: Hammerhead + Railgun + SMS + MT + TL + DL
Despite constantly fighting MEQs, whom I use Ionheads against, against all comers I would use this as my heavy choice every time. Everyone knows the pros of Railheads. The Railgun can spike enemy tanks, submunition rounds can even put the hurt on marine squads. SMS is effective against pursuing infantry as well as squads hiding in or behind terrain, and the TL allows you to split fire (which you undoubtedly will want to). The Railhead is effective versus masses of infantry and tanks, and until I have more experience with the Ionhead, I will continue to recommend this variant.

Also, do not forget the skyray, though I am lacking experience with it as well it has incredible value and variety of use.

#14 ·
ELITES: Crisis + Plasma + Missle + MT
Bread and butter baby. They fight everything, and they kill everything. Especially MEQs. It has been argued that Burning Eyes (Plasma+Plasma+TA) are more efficient versus marines, and it is really only the Elites section of our codex that can deal with MEQs, however the Fireknife has nearly identical power from 12-24", and infinitely more powerful up to 36", as well as versatile and effective against armour up to AV 13 (making them efficient transport hunters.
Ok, I'm really into the whole TL PR VX8, this is why:

Burning Eyes:
66.6 + (33 * 0.66) = 88.4 (accuracy)
88.4 * 0.83 (wound chance) = 73.4% kill chance on MEQs

Fireknife:
50 * 0.83 = 41.5 (Plasma)
(50 * 0.83) * 2 = 83
83 * 0.33 = 27.4 (Missile Pod)
Total: 68.9 kill chance on MEQ

Add to this that you mostly begin 24" apart and that MEQs want to run to you to get in CC, the Burning Eyes suits MEQ-killing better. As for transport hunting, the mobility will often get you on the flank of the transport making it effective at that task as well. Ofcourse opponents also fear TL PRs because they are evil!

#12 ·
HQ: Shas'El with CiB, PR, TA, HWMT
Elite: TL MP, BSF
Troops: Fire Warriors(We need more troop options!)
Fast Attack: Piranhas with Fusion and TA
Heavy Support: Broadside Shas'Ui Team Leader with A.S.S., HWDC(2 Shield). He can take out any model effectively, and a unit of 3 sending out 12 5/5 shots at 24" that don't need LoS and can't be seen is very nice.

#13 ·
Going down the list:

HQ: A shas'el will always be the best. Aun'va is worthless as are the regular ethereal s (wait, I only get to use their ability if I have line of sight... but if they die then my whole army has to take a morale check??!?! If they had left the rule that allowed you to use their special ability whether you can see them or not)
Shadow sun has an ability that is really good mixed with weaponry that is worthless for what she needs to be doing. Why would you give a character a short ranged weapon with tech and abilities that you want to keep back?
O'shovah is insane, but you have to build around him a lot. Add to that the loss of units and reduction of others and its one of those coin toss characters... His abilities are ok, though I think I would rather have his old rule that allowed him to make his entire army good against any army, not just the orks...
Shas'o are really good, but point intensive. In smaller games you are better off with an 'el, but in larger games (1850+ ) that extra 25 points can be worth it.
As for whether or not to take bodyguard... Depends on the role of the commander. I personally like to take them in any game over 1500 points, but then again I like a crisis suit heavy army.

Elite: Crisis suits should be mandatory. You can take them as infantry hunters, MEQ killers, tank hunters. Versatility makes them more than worth their point cost/small sized squads. Personally I stay away from the burst cannon, and I've never been a fan of the flamer (though I am getting ready to build a unit of three twin linked flamers, I just need to get the models and decide what their third hard point should be...)
Stealth suits are alright. I prefer the xv15 over the xv25, especially since I have 6 of them... ;) . I do believe that if you are going to take stealths to make sure of two things. First, the fusion blaster in the unit is worthless. One for every three when unit size is 3-6, it reduces the effectiveness of the unit and removes up to 6 burst cannon shots... Secondly, the full 6 man unit should be preferable over the minimum 3 man unless you are so low on points that you can't afford them. With the full six man squad you have to lose 4 before you are under half, and you get 18 shots.

Troops: Unless you downloaded the rules for Gue'vesa you only really have two choices.
Firewarriors, you have to have at least one unit. Which is good since they are good shots, have the longest range basic gun in the game (by which I mean is carried by troops with no upgrades) and it is higher strength than most other basic guns. Add to that a pretty good armor save and the ability to get some of the best grenades possible (photons are insane and I always take one suicide unit with carbines and EMP's) Then add the ability to take one of the best transport vehicles in the game and you have a unit that is very powerful.
Kroot on the other hand have the one thing that the rest of the army lacks... close combat ability. I'm not going to lie and say that they'll take out a greater daemon by themselves, but they can tie it up for a turn or two until the rest of your army can point a couple of really big guns at it. Then you take into account their infiltrate and their pets. A unit of 16-20 with a full unit of hounds will make even a large genestealer unit think twice about charging them...

Fast: Lets get this out of the way first. Vespids are only good for one thing, MEQ killing. And they aren't even really good at that. At most you'll get one good turn of shooting, after which plan on losing the unit. I think I'd rather spend my points elsewhere thank you.
Piranha are good, though I still haven't decided if they are worth me losing a slot to them. I can see taking a full 5 man unit as it will also give you a 10 man unit of drones. Plus spamming burst cannons, or having single units for tank hunting can be good... I don't know, I'm still on the edge about this unit.
And the reason I'm on the edge is my infatuation with pathfinders. I love these guys, scout and markerlights are always fun. Plus you basically double your fast attack choice as they must be bought with a devilfish, which I always upgrade to warfish just for the number of shots that it gets (7 strength 5 shots... why would that be a bad thing?). The markerlights are one of the best guns in the game... I can reduce your cover save, your leadership, send a seeker missile at you, increase my own units ballistic skill... so versatile its not even funny. I always take two units maxed out. If you want to know why then ask my opponents, they always seem to go after them first... :D
Lastly there are the drones. I love drones, twin linked carbines are always good, pinning tests being forced upon the opponent (see the pathfinders for why thats a good thing) and the ability to deepstrike... All for a relatively cheap points cost. I've been known in larger games to take at least one unit of these just for the look on my opponents face when he realizes that unit of drones just wiped out 4 times their points cost (markerlight + seeker missile into a rhino containing a very expensive Wolf Lord and retinue which had been surrounded by drones... needless to say no one could get out...)

Heavy: Broadsides are probably my second favorite unit (pathfinders being first). Good stats, excellent save, multiple wounds and the nastiest gun in the game (twin linked of course). Whats not to love? And now they can take an Advanced Stabilization System, so that they can move and shoot? Unless you are a fully mech army there is no reason you shouldn't have at least one unit of these in your army. Heck, even a fully mech army should have one unit!
Hammerheads are the other essential. Having the ability to be a tank hunting monster or an infantry shredder with some of the protection upgrades it has is just soooooo good. I personally love the railhead version over the ion cannon, but I think thats more to do with the fact it can use submunition, which has the potential to kill a lot more than the 3 possible with the ion...
Drone controller with sniper drones are alright, I definitely can see potential. I just don't know if I want to give up one of the precious heavy slots for a unit of 9 (thats right, 3 whole units in one choice... I wouldn't even consider only taking one as their ballistic skill and what I need them to do definitely require more than what one is capable of doing).
SkyRay... Honestly, I've tried it in a couple of games and all I can say is: Buy the skyray for the hammerhead and extra bits, because its not really worth it in game... Six seeker missiles are good, but with my pathfinders I find those almost always get wasted first turn, and the mobile markerlights are decent... except I already have 16 markerlights... no need for two more really... And yes I know the tactics associated with the skyray, keep it behind cover until all the seeker missiles are gone... Still not worth it.

You'll notice I didn't use any forge world units, nor did I remark on the Gue'vesa that much. I don't have the rules for the forge world units and I don't plan on buying a unit of guardsmen to convert (though I am thinking of getting some skaven or beastmen to convert over). I also don't plan on ordering from forgeworld because of costs. Though I might change my mind later, as of right now I'm more into getting more models to make a fully apocalypse ready army (might even buy the crisis suit heavy box and the box that has the 3 tanks....)

#15 ·
um, your math is a liiiiiiiiittle confusing in my eyes, so I'll math it out using the dice rolls you would have.

BE 0-12": 2(plasma shots)x[6/9(hit)+2/9(reroll)]*5/6(wound)=2x8/9x5/6=2x40/54=80/54= 1.485 MEQ
1.485 MEQ
FK 0-12": 2(plasma shots)x1/2(hit)x5/6(wound)=2x1/2x5/6=5/6=0.833MEQ
2(missle shots)x1/2(hit)x5/6(wound)x1/3(armour)=2x1/2x5/6x1/3=5/6x1/3=5/18=.278MEQ
1.11MEQ

BE 12"-24": 1(plasma shots)x8/9(hit)x5/6(wound)=0.74MEQ
0.74MEQ
FK 12"-24": 1(plasma shots)x1/2(hit)x5/6(wound)=5/12=0.42MEQ
2(missle shots)x1/2(hit)x5/6(wound)x1/3(armour)=2x1/2x5/6x1/3=0.28MEQ
0.70MEQ

BE 24"-36"= 0 MEQ
FK 24"-36"= 2(missle shots)x1/2(hit)x5/6(wound)x1/3(armour)=2x1/2x5/6x1/3=0.28MEQ

BE 36"+= 0
FK 36"+= 0

Okay, now for the breakdown.
At 0-12", the BE has an obvious firepower advantage over the FK. However, to be within 12" of your opponent, you will put yourself at major risk to assault. If your opponent is not a newbie, you will be assaulted, your crisis suits will be tied up, and they will die. Therefore, I strongly recommend against anyone rapid-firing with Crisis suits.

At 12"-24" the BE and FK are neck and neck, having only a damage output difference of under 6%. This is the ideal range for crisis suits, as it allows you to evade close assault whilst still using your closer ranged weapons, such as the AFP, CIB, BC and most importantly, the PR.

At 24"-36" the FK wins, well, infinitely. You cannot divide by zero. The damage rate certainly isn't nominal, but just one round of shooting outside of 24" will earn another .28 MEQ kills, the maximum benefit available from BEs is .24 over six turns. The MP also adds versatility to your unit, and in the case you misjudged a distance (remember folks, pre-measuring is very very bad, don't ever do it) your one or two crisis just out of range will still be able to add some fire. In addition, it extends an anti-vehicle and anti-MC role onto this unit, along with extra advantages against enemies T5 and above.

Prittstift, I don't know how you deploy your forces, but I generally try to position my units as far away from my enemy's assault units as possible. You may like being hit with a first turn assault by Tyranids, but I certainly do not. Tau are not good at close combat in comparison to any other race, this is a fact.

Also, I suggested FKs as the "best" choice for the Elites slot. This was meant as the overall best, not the specific best. There are many other opponents and many other variants, but if I were to go blind into a fight in a Crisis suit, I would take a Plasma Rifle, Missle Pod and Multi-Tracker.

Prittstift said:
As for transport hunting, the mobility will often get you on the flank of the transport making it effective at that task as well. Ofcourse opponents also fear TL PRs because they are evil!
Yes, getting the flank aka side armour of a transport with plasma rifles will be more effective than getting the front armour of said transport, the same situation holds for missle pods. Missle pods simply are better against the front armour and so, they will therefore be comparatively better against the side armour too. I bet a missle pod would beat a plasma rifle against a vehicle's rear armour too!

And Tau stuff isn't evil, it just hurts a lot! :p

#16 ·
Prittstift, I don't know how you deploy your forces, but I generally try to position my units as far away from my enemy's assault units as possible. You may like being hit with a first turn assault by Tyranids, but I certainly do not. Tau are not good at close combat in comparison to any other race, this is a fact.
I don't suggest that you would deploy your entire line at the 12" line of your deployment zone, just your Battle Suits; preferably behind a obstacle. So when you can do the whole fly-shoot-fly thing. Against Tyranids I don't like Crisis Suits anyway. I'll have a Hammerhead any day; Nids aren't the best tank hunters.

MPs are better at transport hunting, yes, but so marginately that it doesn't make me want to get them over my precious TL PR!

#20 · (Edited)
When you pen it is always 50/50 to kill a vehicle. It is 1/6 to kill a HH and usually takes at least 2-3 successful hits to kill a HH. It only takes 1 shot to kill a 14 armor tank. Take any tank killing gun you want run some math and HH will always take more shots on average to kill the hammerhead. I REPEAT it also has the best gun (highest STR and AP), can move and shoot, can ignore terrain, or land in it, there is no better way to spend your points in the tau then their effecient killing machine known as the Hammerhead. You either dont play tau or dont play against them often. Tau infanty does not serve the same purpose that a HH does.

Also a lascannon is probably the worst weapon to hunt HHs with, and If have to explain that I know you dont know what your talking about.

#22 ·
Also a lascannon is probably the worst weapon to hunt HHs with, and If have to explain that I know you dont know what your talking about.
Dude, play nice ok? I said Lascannons because its sole tank hunting weapon that IG use. And two or tree hits ain't much of a challenge for them either. The fact that we don't agree don't doesn't mean that either of us is ignorant.

#23 · (Edited)
I never called you ignorant, but to make such claims that you are making is not without some flawed or false idea of how certain armies in 40k work. Well the thread is not what weapon do IG use to kill tanks. Its what are the best units for tau. Hammerheads are not only the best tank but possibly unit for tau, it is argueably the best tank in 40k. You can not deny its power. The best str gun and ap, Move and fire to full effect its a skimmer. Also fyi, lascannons are not the only tank hunting weapon IG has. Missle launcher, autocannons, Plasma, Battle cannons, Melta, The IG have numerous and cheaper ways of hunting tanks. The Lascannon is the longest reaching highest str gun and justly the most expensive way to get tank hunting. I think when you refer to tanks you are just thinking your 14 armor tanks.

#25 ·
Things I said:

- Leman Russ AV14 is better, I see more HH drop than Lemans
- Infantry (Broadsides) are more point efficient tank hunters
- Leman is better at infantry killing HH at tanks

You might not have called me ignorant to my face, but telling me that I should find competent players and don't know what I'm talking about is far from respectful. This while I have been courteous. Lets agree to dis agree and leave it at that.

#26 ·
1. 14 armor is not better then 13 armor and a skimmer moving over 6 its like built in smoke launchers every turn. You must not see many HHs, I never see Leman russes survive. I for that matter dont see land raiders survive.

2. Point for point it is not as efficient as you lose mobility, survivability, adaptability, versatility. To make a broadside unit do all that a hammerhead can do, would make the unit cost nearly 100 points more then a HH. Not to mention them being infanty is a downfall as they can be tied up in CC.

3. I disagree, a battlecannon is 50% scatter makes it unreliable. It has the option to use HB shots but the range is no where near the range a hammerhead can shoot. The diffference is a HH can kill both tanks and infantry the leman is best suited for infantry only. The mt and bc/sms, chews through infantry combo with the ability to fire the railgun into the same or 2 seperate units makes it THE BEST tank and unit for the tau. The only downfall if any is that you can only have 3.

Why compare apples to oranges.

#30 · (Edited)
Wether Leman Russ Battle Tanks are as good as Hammerheads is not important in this thread.

Sorry about backtracking alot but I just have to say this to the guy who said you shouldn't get BE suits because you can't get into 12" without them being charged. It must be known that the crisis suit will end your turn more then 12" away from any infantry unit or you have made a mistake in moving it due to the 6" move in the assault phase. And once again I must stay that it is better for a unit to be better at it's defined job then be able to multitask. For the record I think that Deathrains are the best Crisis Suit an I take many of them (which is why I don't want any more long ranged light tank killing after them and therefore take the anti-MEQ BE instead of the allround FK). I would suggest you read a thread I posted that is now on page 2 for the Mathhammer.

#32 ·
G'day guys,

Just adding my opinions based on games experience (which I'll admit I'm still limited in) and ignoring the math-hammer:

HQ: I've started taking an Aun for the purpose of getting the honour guard. A unit of fire warriors with a BS of 4 is very handy, particularly when your opponent is too busy worrying about your XV8s and hammerhead to pick them off. They can usually put a fair bit of hurt on enemy infantry before they start to draw a lot of fire.

Elites: Given I don't have any stealth suits, its XV8s all the way, currently running Fireknives and Deathrains and so far the Deathrains have proven more of a pain to my opponent.

Troops: My kroot unit have been hands down my most lethal troop unit, either blasting a unit of seraphim to smithereens or overwhelming units with the volume of their close combat attacks. I must admit they have performed better than I had been expecting.

Fast Attack: I'm experimenting with vespids at the moment with mixed results but I do like taking pathfinders, if only because of the irrational fear they create in my main opponent.

Heavy: Hammerhead all the way, I do like XV88s but they are just too much of a target. The hammerhead gives you edge with manoeuvrability.

Cheers,

Vimes.

#33 ·
having a defined task versus multi-tasking is one thing, however, my armies are aimed at being capable of dealing with all enemies. Whether I am fighting a Tyranid Swarm list or a pure Marine infantry list, or a Mechanized IG list, I will take one force. I personally see specializing against your opponent as bad taste.

That aside, between versatility, greater volume of fire and nigh identical power at 12-24", I prefer the Fireknife. Additionally, I don't know what kind of opponents you tend to face, but anyone who cannot handle enemies JSJing into 12" range isn't playing well. I don't know of a single player who cannot evade, counterfire or assault at that range (especially assault). In addition, I cannot recommend the specialized BE as "the best" Crisis suit overall, each has their own place, but if I could only take one suit in a list, it would be the Fireknife. Newer players will not have perfected the JSJ tactic, and even if you have there are countless factors (terrain, multiple enemy units to name a few) that can make even the best maneuvers crumple. Fireknives are also good because, if your unit comes against a unit it was not specialized against (Deathrains against Terminators, for example)(remember the deployment phase folks) it will fail and maybe die, having not accomplished its purpose. Remember, your opponent is smart too, never underestimate them. Regardless, the Fireknife is hard to be rendered ineffective against a unit, other units may encounter this as a problem though.

Good day.

#34 ·
Fireknife would probally be the best "overall" suit when it comes to versatility. But im still a firm supporter of twinlinked weapons for Shas'ui suits. With their subpar BS its much more effective to take a unit of BE and a unit of Deathrains over two units of Fireknives (personal opinion of course). This point becomes moot tho if you add in some markerlight support so the Fireknives are BS5. But those are markerlight hits the the Twin linked suits dont need allowing them to mark other targets.

on that note Deathrains just seem to be the best overall twin-linked suit.
Best suit Overall IF supported. Fireknife

#35 ·
I am a fan of the stealth troops. In my last game they were completely ignored by my oponent despite the fact that by the last turn they had killed 3 nid CC warriors, 25 hormagaunts and 8 spinegaunts. So much was my opponent dismayed by the performance of 5 stealth suits that he refused to charge them with a fully kitted Fex (which they hit on 5, wound on 6!!!!) which had full 5 wounds! I won the game in the last turn (loot scenario). Pathfinders all the way for fast attack, no rail rifles. Heavy support wise the broadsides are pathetic with just 1 squad of 3, you need lots to make them work so I go hammerhead in either format. Go the firewarriors for troops and my hq has always died in every game so no preference there.

#38 ·
This is actually quite a pointless thread, so much depends on what and who you play and the balance your trying to achieve.

Hammerhead railhead are brilliant but plenty prefer Ions and in some lists they do well.

XV8's are an absolute must but how you take them is a bone of much contention, Monat or team, Fireknife or Helios etc all are good choices, I use deathrain and has been said they are not amazing against Termies but I have other stuff to handle them. So no one suit fit is best they all have their uses.

Troops: well FW are +1 so not much choice there, they are good at what they do especially in a Devilfish but Kroot are also excellent only at totally different jobs. so no one troop is best because they actually work better if taken together.

XV88's are in my opinion not as good as HH's but I cannot say its best to take the HH because it depends on the list they are in and I could go on through each unit/force slot type but the same applies to every single unit/force slot type.

We all have dislikes, I think Vespids are a waste of space;), Pirahnas are overrated, Ethereals are redundant and Bodyguard XV8's should never be taken, but thats me all these things can be made to work (maybe Vespids aside) it depends how you use them and how you tailor the list around them.

I have firm ideas what I think are best for my list but that does not mean my choices are the best. nor does it mean anyine elses are either, I do not believe in pushing units as be all and end all as some do, I will recommend units I think are good but there are no real BEST unit choices, its all relative.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.