Rules Inquiry - Regenerate Biomorph - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Rules Inquiry - Regenerate Biomorph

This is for your rules lawyers and experts

I've got a question regarding the Tyranid Biomorph Regenerate. Here's what it says:
    At the start of each Tyranid turn, a surviving model with regenerate rolls a dice for each wound it has lost, and for each 6 rolled, that creature regains one lost wound, up to its starting total
    My questions

1) So suppose in CC, a Chaos Deamon Prince inflicts 5 power weapon wounds on a carnifex with regenerate, which essentially puts it at zero wounds, does it get to roll for regenerate?

2) When is this roll taken?

3) How does this change if the opponent is also a Tyranid player?
    ==============
    Just so that everyone knows, I'm pretty sure I know the answers to both of these questions. I realize that Old One Eye had a different set of rules then the regenerate biomorph implies.

I've got an old school player/rules lawyer that insists something different. He was making references to the Necron Codex (which makes no sense at all) for counter arguements. I just want to hear opinions/interpretations.

Thanks

Rudy Wilfred Picardo
    Tyranid Player
    Current Record (W/L/D) 143/112/60
    Recent Battle - 1500 pt draw vs. IG player (mission: Seek And Destroy)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

a surviving model .....
    If the model didn't survive, there is nothing to Regenerate. Q1 = no. It's dead.

If you got whacked by <insert name here> and it took all 5 wounds, then the Carnifex is off the table before getting a chance to Regenerate at the beginning of your turn (seeing as it didn't survive).

Question 2 is already answered in your quote, and Question 3 is of no relevance due the answer to Question 1 - it means your own turn

I agree with you- refering to Necrons WBB isn't really the way to argue about Regenerate.

On that note, what is there to argue about? It's pretty strightforward..... this isn't a RAW issue, it's a common sense one. I'd be very suprised if otherscame out with a different way to play this rule

:drinking:
    Last edited by jONESIE; September 6th, 2007 at 05:34.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

I agree with you jONESIE. This player insists that its true, so I'm trying to ask other players on other forums to see how he could be correct. I could be wrong and I'm wrong relatively frequently.

I do want to get more answers just to check for consistency. In the meanwhile, here's something interesting for you to consider:

Assume that the rule is taken right out of the Codex. What happens if the opponent is also a Tyranid player? That is both players are Tyranids How many rolls does the Carnifex with Regenerate get per game? This same player loves using rules as written (RAW) when he plays against another Tyranid player.
    Rudy Wilfred Picardo
    Tyranid Player
    Current Record (W/L/D) 143/112/60
    Recent Battle - 1500 pt draw vs. IG player (mission: Seek And Destroy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x3)

I agree with you jONESIE. This player insists that its true
    What happens if the opponent is also a Tyranid player? This same player loves using rules as written (RAW) when he plays against another Tyranid player.
    He needs to get his head checked. It's entirely against the spirit of the game, and I wouldn't allow it, becuase it's rediculous
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

This player is just being difficult. I once played a guy who claimed that hsi 2-5 IG infantry squads cost the price of one squad since it said
    2-5 Infantry Squads..................................................................... .................X points

Just tell the guy to use common sense. There is no real wording in the codex that contradicts him, but please let me know if anyone who isn't just looking for loopholes ever plays that way. Then let me know how many people let them play that way.
    Last edited by Warrior47; September 7th, 2007 at 00:09.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x3)

Better yet, take an army full of Raveners and Gargoyles, Deep Strike and assualt/Rend him into oblivion in the same turn (Deep Strike says 'Troops' may not move and shoot when they arrive, but the afore mentioned units are Fast Attack) and beat him at his own game- maybe then he will see the error of this 'Regenerate' situation. Might not be very pretty, but it's get the message across, and can only help deter form such a mindset. :party2:
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Between two nid players, well, I'd simply laugh at him, call a few kids over and point out what he was trying, perhaps even point to the shelf space reserved for codex and ask him if he's proxying necrons, because they don't look like robots on the board.

Another method that you could go, if he continues to insist on rule X, is that since all your warrirs are psychic, then they TOO get warp scream, blast, and catalyst, all for free. Along with the 2+ save method of getting your point across-tell him you have a ruleset from GW that says your particular list gets 2+ feel no pain rolls unless the model has a 3+ or better save, then it can only be hurt by s8 or higher.

As to him being a rules lawyer, sounds more like he's a buffoon. Trust me. I'm a rules lawyer. Mind you, I avoid being a douche unless my opponent wants to play a metagame of who knows the rules better. Simply ask him where in the rules it says that nids are necrons, or where it states that regeneration is any different from what the codex plainly states.

Then karate chop him in the larynx.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by RudyPicardo View Post
    Assume that the rule is taken right out of the Codex. What happens if the opponent is also a Tyranid player? That is both players are Tyranids How many rolls does the Carnifex with Regenerate get per game? This same player loves using rules as written (RAW) when he plays against another Tyranid player.
    I think it also says in the Necron codex regarding WBB rolls: "At the start of every Necron turn..." Necron vs Necron would be boring, but anyway...

This guy is a loser, so he won't let it go unless ya pull something on his level. I would suggest just not playing him though...

Here is what ya tell "The Dude":

The Codex Books contain the rules for making an Army List; your own Army List. Any and all rules are applied to the PLAYER'S army. Though many rules may affect or act against the opposing army, nowhere does any codex apply rules to opposing armies. (With possibly one exception that is explicitly worded. I'll hold off on mentioning that one just to see who's clever enough to figure it out.)
    Last edited by jONESIE; September 7th, 2007 at 04:36. Reason: ;)
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x3)

I reckon the message is clear- you are obviously upholding the spirit of the game, Rudy, and you need not lower yourself to prove this point. Kudos to you man ;Y

Happy gaming, and keep smiling

jONESIE

~ locked ~
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

And then, Karmoon did say unto the mountain, "Let butter flow like milk!"

And verily, he was struck down by lightning, and surely did he perish.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Closed Thread