Eldar: how to beat other armies tactica - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar: how to beat other armies tactica

Fellow autarchs/farseers/pheonix lords. Kossolax the forsworn created a thread like this over in the chaos forum along time ago. It was a great tool for people who needed help against a particular army. feel free to post any tacticas, or to correct others. please be civil about it though.

this will hopefully stop all those :how to beat _________ threads.

anyhow, here is a quick overveiw of new chaos. today i will do only hq and elites, as i am tired. i will pick up on the rest tomorrow or next week.

Daemon prince.
    Nasty in cc, next to useless in range, unless has MOC and doombolt/wind of chaos. if he has MOK, then a nice volley from the ever acurate dark reapers should silence him, just NEVER let him reach cc. samo with mark of slaanesh. if he has nurgle, then i reccomend a wraithlord to go after him, or an avatar, but any othey squad is likely to die against him. of course, trying to ID him is useless, thanks to his special rule. a note on MOT: if he has MOT, then he will definitely have warptime, which is nasty. he also may have wind of chaos or doombolt, which is a nsaty surprise before the charge.

Chaos Lord
    nasty depending on how you equip him. MOK: run for your lives. if he gets in close combat, then he can do serious damage. if he doesn't have termie armour, then pop him with a volley from our good friends the dark reapers or from the fireprism, focused shot.
    MON fireprism; the daemon weapon is nasty against our wraithlords and avatars. MOS: kill him before he gets into CC, and keep your multi-wound units away from him. MOT. pop him with a couple of fire prism shots and prey he fails his invul save. he is devistating and can dish out damag at both range and cc. those four were if he had a daemon wep, if he has anything else, then pop him with a fireprism shot or violley from the reapers. i don't reccomend trying to go toe-to-toe with anything less than harle's and spears. if mos, then only harles, not spears.

Chaos sorcerer

Nasty, need i say it again. totes a force wep and 2-3 possible psychic powers. the two common choices will be MOS and lash of submission, which is nasty and gets a posible first turn charge. the second arangement is mot with warptime and bolt of change, which he can use one and his force weapon in the same turn. if he is going to use his fw, then he is likely to use warptime. can't say anything else due to copywright rules.

greater daemon
    nasty in cc, no ranged potential. kill every aspiring champion and IC and he can't show up. otherwise, see dp

Chosen
    these guys are nasty no matter how they are equipped. they can also get behind your lines and act as a t homer for termies and oblits, which will be discussed.

termies
    cc monsters. with the posibility of 60 LC atacks on the charge, they can reduce a large squad to nothing in seconds. thats before adding in the lord. they are likely to deepstrike onto an icon, so if you kill the icons, then they have to deepstrike normally.

POssesed.
    they are a wild card. if they are charging at you, then the khaine blessed dark reapers shall wreak havoc upon their daemonic souls. combining a shot for the large template with the fire prism works too. so do spears, and banshees, and harles and scorpions.

dred.
    really versetile. the only thing you can hope for is for it ot get blood rage of fire frenzy, but if it starts wreaking havoc, then a good fire prism (they are the answer to everything no?)or fire dragon shot will put it in its place.

anyhow, i am tired, please don't kill me, and let me prey that the dark gods don't punish me(i thought they liked trickery, oh wait, thats Tzeentch) and enjoy the thread.

Possesed.

Zoe: Doesn't the bible say something specific about killing?
    Preacher: Yes, but it's somewhat fuzzy on the subject of kneecaps.
    -Firefly

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I'll toss out a small bit of anti-DE tactica in the mean time.
    1st thing to understand: They are fast, I don't mean fast, I mean fast. They are also fragile. Eldar have the option of holo fields, etc. DE don't. Therefore, things that work on craftworld eldar will not always work on DE.
    EX: Anti-Tank weaponry: A waste of points. When the highest AV you'll find is 11, there is no reason to take a bunch of bright lances, or missile launchers, or fire dragons. What you need is a lot of mid-low strength shooting weaponry. Shurikan cannons and scatter lasers are ideal. Bladestorming avengers are a little more iffy in terms of usefulness. Why? the speed comes into play again. A unit of De can take its raider 12", disembark 2", move 6", fleet 1-6", then charge 6" (12" in some cases). Therefore, 18" range isn't going to do as much good as you might think.
    What does work: Storm guardians, with enhance and flamers. Don't bother with anti-tank guns, grab the flamers. They are actually really lethal to DE, especially if they come up just out of charge range. And storm guardians with enhance are basically De warriors in CC, but they have an extra attack. Sound good? Similar effect can be achieved with things like striking scorpions.
    What to avoid like the plague: Wytches. These girls have so much CC potential, they put harlequins to shame in a major way. Trust me, you are much much much better shooting them, even at the expense of having something else enter CC with you. The only exception to this rule would be the DE HQ. Not too many use incubi anymore, they're basically SS with power weaponry, shoot them, or they use either a solo archon, or a drachon with warriors or wytches. Warriors can be dealt with as above, wytches the same. but kill the lord, once he hits CC, he generally becomes a spinning whirlwind of death.
    Hope that helps some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am back, and i got the rest of my ideas piled up/

today's section is troops-heavy support. as a note this is NEW CHAOS.

standard CSM
    these dudes are some of the most flexible guys out there. alot of chaos players are giving them icons and a rhino and have them running around the field letting termies deepstrike on them while doing drive bys with plasma guns. when they unload, they might charge into combat, and can normally deal out alot of damage. try to pop them with a scater laser, but don't waste your fp shots on this. if they unload, our ever acurate Reapers should be able to take care of them. or you can doom them and send in banshes/harles/spears.

Khorne berzerkers
    DO NOT LET THEM CHARGE YOU! thety already out WS many of our troops, and if they charge, they will most likely strike simul and they will wound on 2s! Dark reapers work. charge them with spears and banshes, but don't give them a chance to counter! if they are in a rino, then now would be the time to waste one of our precious fp shots

Plauge marines.
    these buggers are hard to kill. reapers(again) are my suggestion. spears work too. if they are in a rhino, then take a scatter laser and pop it. bladestorming them doesn't work, so don't try it.

noise marines.
    imho, a nusance. their sound weaponry can be dangerous though. pop em if their in a rhino(scatter laser or EML) or reaper them if they aren't in a rhino.

thousand sons
    KILL THEM! do what ever you need to kill these guys. with their invul save(which is better than the lords, which i find pathetic). reaper them, combine the dispersed shots of the fire prism, charge them with spears/banshes. just kill them before they can shoot you! their inferno bolts pirece everything we have.

lesser summoned daemons.
    pesks. kill the icons and you knock them out of the game. they are pretty lethal in CC, so dire avengers are the best choice in this case.

Fast attack
    bikers
    depending on what mark they are given, they can be a pain. sometimes they will be joined by a bike lord, wh (thankfully) can't weild his daemon weapon while on the bike. IOK i forsee as common, and if so, then popping them with reapers work, as they are expensive and wil normally in small numbers. the invul save is a pain if they turbo boost, so watch out for that. there is also the possibility of a daemon bomb setup, where they go in and unleash all hell. (summoned lesser and greater daemons.)

raptors
    they can unleash alot of cc power, and with the possible of 2 flamers before the charge, they can be devastating. again, reapers are the best for them(reapers are the best for every thing MEQ. its pathetic.)

spawn.
    a round of shooting from our good friends the dire avengers sould wipe them out. if not, then send in the spears to finish the job. don't waste the reapers on them. they are tough, but unpredictable.

Heavy Support.

havocs
    HEAVY BOLTERS OF DOOM! they are likely to have heaby bolters, so watch out. if not, theyll have auto cannons or ML's. no matter what, sick the reapers on them. or spears, but they are likely to be killed. if you don't kill them in one round of shooting, then sick the scorpions on them. they will tie them up until they are dead, and they arent pierced by the heavy bolters

oblits
    these guys are doom for us. they have all the anti tank weaponry that really cramps our style. this will be the only time i say don't use reapers on infantry. use spears, fireprisms, even scorpions, although i dont reccomend the last one.

Preds
    pop em with fire prism or bright lance, and waste no time doing so. no matter how they are kitted out, they are dangerous to us.

Land raiders
    eat combined focused fireprism shot. or bright lance. just kill it.

Vindicators
    ?? dont know.

defiler
    now would be a good time to use the combined focused shot. it is physically impossible for us to not glance it. this guy is deadly no mtter how he goes around. he out ranges all of us, and he is a monster in CC.

thats all i got

anyone want to correct me then please do so, but please be civil. we are eldar, not mon keigh.

possesed
    -Firefly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, thanks for starting this forum, its very useful to have in one place instead of having several threads.

Lately I have been facing only SM in my recent battles essentially Ihave found that a solid core of DA with Bladestorm and exarch with 2x sh. cata. works very well for that. It can be edited to be mounted if yo have a mech. list or not if its a foot slooger list. Also, if I know that Im taking it against marines I take a unit of 3 war walkers with a scat laser and star cannon each. I know this is contary to what most Eldar do with the 100% scat lasers but I find it works better when against SM. Other than that I always take at least one Farseer with Doom, Mind war, Guide, and Fortune. I will vary the rest of mylist depending on points and such. But that is my core vs. SM (in a very general manner)
    Veni Vidi Vici
    "The plan is to win, if we don't win its cause you guys didn't follow the plan!"
    Eldar: 25,000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Veahirin, why don't you post your own tactica. if you have ideas that you think will work, then display them! be proud of your method of fighting!

thats all i got

possesed
    -Firefly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Possesed One View Post
    feel free to post any tacticas... this will hopefully stop all those :how to beat _________ threads.
    I thought you wanted people to post how they have been beating other armies with thier Eldar... If that isn't what you had intended then oops.
    Veni Vidi Vici
    "The plan is to win, if we don't win its cause you guys didn't follow the plan!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Veahrin, this thread was intended as a Universal :how do/did you beat ____ thread. this is meant to get rid of the 666(made-up-#) thousand How to beat ______ threads on the forum.

if you have suggestions on how to beat somethinhg, this thread is meant for you to post it.

hope that cleared things up!

Possesed One
    -Firefly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just two last sort-of-direct-questions. 1. If I have found a good tactica vs. XYZ army do you want me to post it as a suggestion? or 2. Do you only want questions on "how to beat army XYZ," BTW, sorry for making something "straight forward," confusing. I hate the tards who do that (So I guess I have to hate myself today.)
    Veni Vidi Vici

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answers

1.)(habbit) YES! please by all means, that is what this thread was made for. you don't have to copy someone elses, (no offense) you can make your own, like i did.

2.) you can ask questions like that, and i and others will try to help answer your questions.

its ifne if you want to be straight forward, i am not one for beating around the bush(i watched too much Babylon 5 in my childhood.)

Possesed(almost wrote somethin else there...)
    -Firefly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, got it... Sadly, Ive been playing only marines lately as our campaign is Imperials vs. Xenos and all the imperials are... You guessed it, Marines. No IG no DH no WH only MEQ bah whatever.
    Veni Vidi Vici

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast