Dark Elf Witches to Dark Eldar Wyches, A DIY guide - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Elf Witches to Dark Eldar Wyches, A DIY guide

Well, yesterday my fourth raider arrived in the mail (ebay is my friend ), making my army finally playable. As with most dark eldar players, I find the wych models to be disappointing at best, ugly as sin at worst, while the Dark Elf Witch models are far more attractive. I decided to pick up a box of 10, and convert them into a wych cult squad. The primary changes were weapons swapping with pistols.

Needed: Superglue, old Warrior sprues, file.

Prototypes: 1, considered failure, will not make the same mistake again.

First things first. On the warrior sprue, there are two pistol options. Holstered or in-hand. Taking one good look at the witches will tell you that some models just WON'T work with an in-hand pistol (it would look 2 parts silly, 1 part Jon Wu.) Make your selections carefully, because these bits are too small to pin!

First things first, the easy part. Witch models have those nice stud rimmed leggings, perfect for a gun holster. Just file them down a bit and stick on the holstered pistols. easy.

The tough part. The most difficult, but best to modify are the witch models that look like they are pulling the full Matrix "bring it" pose, with one unarmed hand out with an extended trigger finger. Perfect. Take a pistol arm from the warrior sprue, clip it FIRST at the wrist, to make future clipping easier. Clip again under the hand for the underslung knife, and one single clip just above the hand. good clippers will pop the hand from the gun with this clip, and leave a bit of the trigger guard left (a superb trigger in its own right)

Now spend thirty minutes cursing about the skin-binding properties of superglue while you try to affix it on the model. I recommend brush applicate d crazy glue for this, same stuff as the GW stuff, sets in a shot with a thin layer.

Be sure to file down all clip zones for easier gluing and positioning too.

Now the easy part. The models that lend themselves well to un-holstered pistols. First of all, the smaller daggers they wield have small butt spikes, which you can either leave, or replace with the larger pistol blades (I left them on to show diversity in the list). DO NOT CLIP OFF THE METAL HAND AND REPLACE WITH A WARRIOR HAND. The warrior hand is significantly larger then the witch hand, and requires putty work to affix properly. Save time and effort and clip, clip, clip.

If you desire pictures of the finished product, i will post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Yes please do post, this is something I have considered doing for a while but wasn't sure how good it would look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Agreed!

Pics would be awesome- many Dark Eldar players aren't keen on the current Wych models and use Fantasy Wyches, anytihng to make them better would be... better than sliced bread double thinkness toast stuff and double sliced 8X

Thanks for sharing your conversion methods Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright, i will take the pics tomorrow. sorry for the delay.. but i am a lazy bum.

+ Reply to Thread