Welcome to Librarium Online!
Hello all, I'm new to the Tau and had a few questions concerning the XV8 battlesuits.
1. Can a suit move 6 rapid fire with the plasma rifle then move another 6(JSJ + Rapid Fire)?
2. Can a suit JSJ with drones? And I believe, if I'm reading the codex right, if a suit(s) has drone
controller say a unit of 3 suits with 6 drones if I lose enough drones I'd have to roll a morale check right?
Thanks for the help.
Last edited by Apostlos; September 13th, 2007 at 15:52.
1) You're correct, you can move 6", fire, then in the assault phase make a "glorious tau assault move" -- toward the rear (or any direction you wish), that is the way JSJ works.
2) To answer your first question, drones also have Jet Packs, so they can JSJ as well (this includes independent drone squads as well. As for your second question, yes, drones are counted as losses to a squad, the worst example of this is a lone braodside w/ 2x shield drones. One shield drone pops, you have to make a morale check, fail and no rail guns for a turn.
Hope this helps.
For your questions,
1) yeppa, spot on, and it's one of the things that makes them so annoying- especially with Plasma and Missle Pods Jump out, blast away, and cruise back to the safety of cover.
2) again spot on, Drones can jump around with the Suits, and also count for Moral purposes
LO RULESOriginally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
1. yes. the suit compensates for recoil of light weapons, so he can even fire it up to maximum distance and still jump afterwards. says sso in the box in the suit armory iirc;
2. the drones are equjieped with the same jetpack and take over the class of the controller. so with a suit it can jsj; bur f he were with a firewarrior, it can't.
indeed, taking drones makes the group bigger so if you loose enough in one go you need to start taking checks.
Well thanks everyone for the quick answers!