Welcome to Librarium Online!
I have 2 quick beginner questions:
1) Is a crisis suit affected by instant kill? A fellow 40Ker told me there's a page in the codex thats says they ARE NOT... i have been unable to find this page... could someone clarify this for me?
and number two.....
2) If a battlesuit with a drone controller is destroyed, i'm assuming that the drones just operate independently on their own? i thought the codex was a bit fuzzy on this point... i mean do they stick around or are they lost?
thanks in advance for the help and good luck gaming!
1. If I'm not mistaken the info is, not surprisingly, under the part about Battlesuits. Look under 'Improved Charasteristics', I think.
2. As they are bought as 'wargear' they are lost when the Battlesuit dies.
Craftworld Iyanden | <a href='http://hem.bredband.net/goines/' target='_blank'>Gallery</a>
I dont think you can destroy a seperate weapon or system, unless its like having a tank armor right? Or else my friends gonna be so happy..
1) It doesn't say that they are immune to insta-kill, it just says that the suit absorbs some of the blow i.e. the 'improved toughness' value is used.
So anything with S8 or more will still insta-kill a Crisis or Broadside.
2) I think the Drones are meant to be taken off if the character with the controller is killed. They probably fly off to report his demise, babbling in pterra-squirrel speak.
Do the things
1) They aren't immune to insta-kill - you just need to hit them slightly harder to take them out with one shot. Plasma gun (S7) isn't strong enough, but a Lascannon would be.
2) And yes - the drones governed by the drone controller aren't joined into a squadron-mind, so when the battlesuit governing them dies, they simply float about mindlessly for the rest of eternity.