Eldar Revenant Titan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar Revenant Titan

Just in GW this morning and one of the lads showed me a copy of the new
    Apocalypse rules the Revenant Titan from Forge World, which sets you back around £160 is a snip at 2,500pts!!

Any takers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, since our English isn't the queens...

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you asking if anyone has one or if someone would play a game against it?

I for one have seen them, but I have higher priorities for any extra money in my future right now.

Cheers
    Have fun,

Frank

"Orcs are what happens when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles grow old and bitter."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm asking if anyone would have them in a 3,000+ pts game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe

Possibly,

It would depend on the scenario. Titan mobility is poorly represented at 40K scale, and most games I've seen where one was used it was always a matter of "can you take the titan down" or not.

That can be fun for a few times, but it was not enough to ever get me to buy one.

Without getting too specific, how are the new rules different? Forgeworld products in the past were too expensive for their effectiveness. In your opinion is the titan worth 2500?

cheers
    Have fun,

Frank

"Orcs are what happens when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles grow old and bitter."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what Ie seen the revenant is sick... Is it worth $320? that is questionable, but if you have the cash it is the cheapest Titan around, so why not.
    Veni Vidi Vici
    "The plan is to win, if we don't win its cause you guys didn't follow the plan!"
    Eldar: 25,000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen the specifics, there not out in the UK until Oct 13th, I think, I just saw that the Forge World titan ranges are now possible, I didn't even know you could play them in standard 40K. The blast markers are hideous, you can take out an entire 2,000pts army with one shot by the look of them. ;o

The Eldar army I am working on at the mement is only 800pts, so it will be a while before I think about 3,000+ games. But if I had the dosh I might think about it at some point, it would make a fine centre piece.:party2:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Unless your club fequently has players that play horrendously large standard 40k games it's not really worth investing in as you'd almost never use it. We've got two Titan owners at my club but they've not been used once since their purchase roughly two years ago.

Apocolyse however may enable use of Titans, but from what I've seen of it many of the boxed set offers up on the Gw site now are very limited to just Apocolyse games. You may want to think about weather it's worth buying an army which you can only use in Apocolyse before the purchase. (Of course there are many army configurations that can easily be used in both)
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think that FW will release an Imperial Armour Update this year? Because the Revenant form IAU 2006 is rather weak for its points. And the Revenant whose rules are in the Apoc Rulebook can not be used in standard missions, can't he?

I hope that FW still continues the Imperial Armou Books...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

to be fair the revenant using forgeworld rules is by no means lethal, although talk to Karmoon, he had a bad experiance at the second tyranic war.

The rules within appocalypse for super heavies or gargantuan creatures make them more powerfull, with the revenent I would expect the weapons to be upgraded as both the pulsar and Vibro weapons are pretty naff compared to imperial titan weaponry.

In game terms, expect to see these in appocalypse, they are neat looking, and by far the fastest of the titans, being fast skimmers, that coupled with a serious upgrade required for the Eldar super heavy tanks (the scoprion and the cobra) means that the titan is probably the prefered points sink for Eldar, although myself I prefer the aircraft
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Damn.. silly.. skimming.. invulnerable Eldar Titans!

*whine whinge whinge spit swear curse angst whine*

Hahahah.. if you want one, then go for it.

If you're getting into the hobby that much.. then it's probably worth it for modelling and painting aspect if not the game.

OR crushing poor nid players. T__T
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast