New guy type questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New guy type questions

As an odd ball type army I am trying to put together a horde army in one of the non-typical horde armies. I have looked at marines, which hunters, deamon hunters, and a couple of the others now I am addressing the necrons.

With deference to those of you who have actively played the army instead of playing with army lists what do you think of a horde necron list?

roughly thinking a lord, 4 units of 20 warriors, and 2 units of 10 warriors with disruptors. 101 for a model count.

thanks for your input guys,

TZ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well outside of 24"-12" there isn't much to fear. any shooty army will stay away and lob everything at it. i guess holding objectives might work if your lord has an orb and your swarm of warriors are all with in range for wwb rolls. oh, and you can even get to the objective.
    myself, i couldn't paint the same model 100 times.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Well if you want a Necron Hoard, Youve got to take swarms. 3 Units of 10, atleast 1 with Dfields.

Never bother with Dfields for warriors, your normally far better off shooting.

Loose the 2 smaller units or Warriors and get 2 units of 10 Flayed ones, for infiltrating. Maybe even a 3rd unit of these guys, and split all the warriors up into 10 man units.

A bit more expensive points wise, but look at either using 2 lords, (both with ResOrbs, one with VoD) or a Lord in a 10 man Immortal unit. Theses guys arent that much more expensive than Warriors, and far better.

Ian, as for not wanting to paint the same model 100 times... Its a Cron army, you pretty much do that however you compose it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

point, but with other units you can get some variation and different models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ian smith View Post
    point, but with other units you can get some variation and different models.
    I'm all for variation.
    This is our hobby. it's ours to do with as we please - as long as we don't break rules without opponent consent.

Have you even considered how cool a necron warrior would look like with a turban on? Or those cool pointy shoes?

Damn man.

I also like the ideas of necrons with briefcases too. Like they're holding on to really important notes and fighting is just a side issue for them, something they have to deal with when on their way to work.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Now now K... i think one funky Cron army is enough for these forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    Now now K... i think one funky Cron army is enough for these forums
    Heh. True that. I guess i'll leave the briefcases and turbans alone then...

*sulks back to afros and quiffs*
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

No way Kar! i got this great image of like, a necron CEO on the phone, sitting at his desk. And in his other hand is a gauss flayer, firing randomly as he stares at some papers.

Have another model with running with buisness suit on, cup of coffee in his hand, and his gauss flayer in his briefcase!

O man, if my army wasnt already painted and put to crap, i would totally do it! Necron models are super easy to model.

if anyone has some suggestions on how i can take my army apart and do this, that'd be sweet!
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Alien,

i have my hands tied with the funk.. if you wish to carry on this idea, then please be my guest
    LO Rules

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast