Kroot Hounds convert ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroot Hounds convert ideas

Hey, I have about 40 Kroot hounds in my army, but so far I have just been using Lizardmen Skinks as hounds.

The Kroot hounds do not look great, and they are very expensive to buy (I would need 20 blister packs!)

Does anyone have any ideas for a good model choice for Kroot hounds that look better and are less expensive?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Dont see why converted Saurus wouldnt work. Use saurus Bodies and heads and modle them on all fours.
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mordheim guard dogs. 3$ each ... they look like bull dogs, are a little smaller than kroot hounds but wider bodied. and they have a spiked collar! << looks sweet 8Y best yet i believe they are still games workshop so would be legal in a tourney. if this works out for you hit that little rep button :happy:
    " i once attempted to help an inquisitor who had stumbled over a cliff, but i couldn't help thinking no good was going to come of him yelling DIE HERITIC!!!"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

If you're decent with greenstuff then you can convert Kroot directly into hounds. Greenstuff the torso at a right angle to the legs/hips, cut the rifle out of the arms and snip the mohawk off (save it). Attach the back of the head to the torso and the 'mohawk' to the middle of the back. Use greenstuff to make the mohawk into a hound's dorsal fin, lengthen the head's beak and put claws on the front hands. You may want to repose the limbs.

It takes some effort but it's the cheapest way I know of to get them. An alternative is some of the Hellhound models made by Reaper Miniatures. They'll still cost about $4 per model, though, and won't blend in with the Kroot. (I find Reaper is an excellent place to find alternative figures in general.)
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread