Nids Vs Shooty Guards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    1 (x1)

I am playing a 1000 point army game with a mate on friday and would like to kick his ass. He is pretty much going to just stand and shoot.

I am currently going to take in 1 Hive T with 3 T Guards (To protect him for a while from the shooters) and about 40 leaping gaunts with scything talons, and 2 biovores with Frag (for troops) and Bio Acid (for Tank and Chimera).

Now this is a pretty boring army, i would like to take in some other interesting troops, but would that mean i am going to get chopped? Taking in a carnifex might be useful, but i would have to guard him as well, you know what people are like when they see big models (and they know they are STR 10) .

2. Remove Advertisements

Helsinki, Finland
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

You don't have to guard the Carnifex... The game isn't that big, so I wouldn't worry about the 'Fex. It dies, and the Tyrant lives... You win. Your opponent has to decide whether to try and kill the 'Fex, or the Tyrant with Guards. Either way, in this low points a game, he shouldn't have the weaponry to actually take out both.

Consider dropping the amount of Tyrant Guard to 2, so as to make the choice more difficult. Tyrant with 3 Guards should be nigh impossible to take out, so he'd rather shoot at the 'Fex. A Tyrant with "only" 2 Guards could be taken out, but what about the 'Fex then? It's all about making the choices difficult for the enemy, increasing his/her chances to mess up...

What's 5pts and better than a Guardsman? I would consider Spinegaunts, just to riddle their sorry IG asses with spines! And You'd get cheap, effective masses.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Closed Thread