Codex Trouble - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Codex Trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Codex Trouble

To me, the Eldar codex is nearly impossible to use. There isn't a set area where there are psychic powers and vehicle upgrades and the like. IMO the space marine and tau codexs are far easier to use.
    Also, I think that the Eldar need a space marine trait army thing inorder to make the craft worlds work. None of them are that great, and they need to give options!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

ex-tookool126 DieHardSaintKildaSupporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eldar Codex is shite, I have the codex and I use army builder anyway since it's so much easier
    Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

Senior Member eldratch the fallen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tookool126 View Post
    The Eldar Codex is shite, I have the codex and I use army builder anyway since it's so much easier
    first off the eldar codex could be worse and you shoiuld get used to it cause it seems allcodexs will be set out similar.

second ive had more issues with army builder then codex(true putting a scorps claw and bitting blade on anexarch and see what happens)

i want the old one back with craftworld lists and other fun thingsthe
    I love Pathfinders.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Captain_Devon View Post
    To me, the Eldar codex is nearly impossible to use. There isn't a set area where there are psychic powers and vehicle upgrades and the like. IMO the space marine and tau codexs are far easier to use.
    The vehicle upgrades are a bit hidden, but all the psychic powers are right after the entries for the farseer and warlocks. That strikes me as pretty sensible.

Also, I think that the Eldar need a space marine trait army thing inorder to make the craft worlds work. None of them are that great, and they need to give options!
    I have to disagree. Each of the craftworlds under the old system were effectively represented by taking lots of unit type X as troops. With guardians (ulthwé), bikes (saim hann), wraithguard (Iyanden), rangers,pathfinders (alaitoc) and dire avengers (biel tan) all available as troops it's hardly difficult to theme your army.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

ex-tookool126 DieHardSaintKildaSupporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eldratch the fallen View Post
    first off the eldar codex could be worse and you shoiuld get used to it cause it seems allcodexs will be set out similar.

second ive had more issues with army builder then codex(true putting a scorps claw and bitting blade on anexarch and see what happens)

i want the old one back with craftworld lists and other fun thingsthe
    Could be worse? It's worst 4th edition codex out there, the wrong page refs and everything entered twice which is bloody stupid to me. put the fluff and the start and the army list near the back or something. and have the armory and vehicle upgrade in a sensible place, it took me like 10min just to show my opponent what holo field did.
    Army builder, it'll say error at the bottom in red so i dont know what ur complaining about. As for the old codex, i didnt know what the heck warhammer was back then so i cant comment but while Rork makes a good point having a codex system like the marine one sounds pretty sweet to me.
    Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

It seems to me the most logical thing for a codex to do would be exactly what they've done now...

Honestly all you need is the small section with all the points costs. Who needs to check up what holo-fields and bladestorm does?

It takes all of a week to learn what each unit does, and the basic eldar statline. Then it becomes much easier to use than any other codex. I can write lists quickly because I only need 3 pages, THREE pages covering the entire codex. 8Y
    I don't need to keep flipping through it like all the other poorly designed codicies...(except the new chaos).

Just have to learn what each unit does, the codex is very well layed out.

I must say though that the incorrect page references are amusing...congrats GW. :rofl
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    Who needs to check up what holo-fields and bladestorm does?
    Not all players are created equal. I know this from experience. It takes me 5x as long to memorize something's stats or what it does, but once I learn it I have it. So, for the first 5 times, I need the codex.

Just have to learn what each unit does, the codex is very well layed out.
    I have to agree with you here. I think the Eldar Codex is laid out very nicely, and I am excited to see the codeces (?) of the future (considering the Chaos Codex is similar to the Eldar codex).
    ~the machine god

{secretly the machine god plays Tau and CSM ...shhhh...don't tell the adepts!!!}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still prefure the 4th edition space marines over the eldar. for example... i would like an "armory" page or two were all the weapons and vehicle upgrades are toghether so i can simply flip to them instead of checking over like all 80 pages looking for what a certain thing does.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Captain_Devon View Post
    I still prefure the 4th edition space marines over the eldar. for example... i would like an "armory" page or two were all the weapons and vehicle upgrades are toghether so i can simply flip to them instead of checking over like all 80 pages looking for what a certain thing does.
    You make it sound so difficult. The common weapons are all in the same place, the aspect/vehicle specific ones are on the appropriate page. While the summary index is a little off, all the units are grouped by type, meaning you can find what you're looking for fairly quickly.

(Of course, I just commit the whole thing to memory...;?)

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do any of you have a Space Marine codex? if you don't, take a look at one and see how much easier it is. if you do, i don't know what you are thinking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast