question re hive tyrants body guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question re hive tyrants body guard

hey there,
    I'm not a Nid player but was wondering what would happen if I deepstruck someting to teh rear of a tyranid advance and I could see the rear of a Hive Tyrant but his 2 body guards were infront of him.

would I be able to shoot the hive tyrant without him being able to take the wounds on the body guard??

M

HT
    BG BG

M= my unit

HT = Hive Tyrant

BG = Body guard

any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errata Link
    Klick on the Tyranid FAQ.

As soon as you can draw LOS on the guards, you can't single out the tyrant in terms of shooting.

pen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gah, you're too quick for me Ladon!

But it should be stated that they indeed have a special rule making it impossible to single out the hive tyrant due to it being a MC. (which would mean that if the guards are behind cover, but the tyrant is not, the guards cannot be shot, but if the guards are hidden by the tyrant, the tyrant will not be the only model taking hits?)
    Last edited by pen; October 1st, 2007 at 17:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by pen View Post
    but if the guards are hidden by the tyrant, the tyrant will not be the only model taking hits?
    --- Hmmm... This does pose a rather interesting problem, as the Tyrant is a MC and by definition can block LOS to other models. I suppose the important part would be whether or not the unit shooting at the Tyrant + Guard could draw LOS from model's-eye-view to the Guards, as the Tyrant only blocks LOS as a WYSIWYG model and thus LOS can be drawn from between the legs or beneath the armpits, for example. See page 20 of the 4thEd rulebook, right column, first bulleted paragraph: "All vehicles, vehicle wrecks, ..."

If I'd believe my opponent would get overtly concerned with this, I'd just make sure to position the Guards so that one is at the back and the other at the front just to reduce the chances of anyone drawing LOS to just the Tyrant.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread