Personalizing Your Necron Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I thought about starting a Necron army but there's one thing holding me back....all armies are so much the same. Is there no way to personalize your army?? (And with that I don't mean inventing a new colour scheme, but gruesome conversions and the like )

Think for yourself. Question authority.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

I stuck a disemboweled space marine to the base of my wraith. Does that count?

And I stuck a proper crystal in place of the regular fake-looking monolith crystal and mounted a ring of LEDs around the crystal that flashes in circles.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm slowly working on making my guys a little more unique. They look like storm troopers (from Star Wars), and I'm also going to give them binary specifications to help identify squad organization, etc.

How much individuality is there in any army? Space Marines are generally different based on their color scheme- sure there are chapter rules, but there are a lot of people playing vanilla marine armies without spiffy conversions. I think there's a lot of fun in doing Necrons. Just gotta be more imaginative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but most armies have different weapons to chose from........necron warriors are ALWAYS armed with gauss weaponry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They REALLY should make some options for upgrading new weapons abilties etc... disruption field just doesnt cut it... i g2 live with 1 upgrade while my tyranid friend has 10 upgrades per unit!
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They need different weapons, just like ork boyz can have sluggas and choppas OR shootas.....that's a good way to make armies look different

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats part of the beauty of necrons they are all the same. an erriey mass of metal shaped to shwo the briging of death and an end to hope. My personal favirt was and army consisting of 100 warriors and a necron loard with a destroyer body painted like the red one in the codex. hovering over the warriors pointing towards the living. varey cool. Yes they are hard and kind of not fluffy to convert but it is possiblole i have seen ig necrons ( form the games work shop site.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gruesome conversions? Sure. Indeed the Flayed Ones cry out for them.

I'm going to get a box of WHFB skeletons and then use Green Stuff to model the musculature that would be over them. Then I'll put them at the FOs feet to look like their previous victims.

Just be imaginative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed it's more threatening: an army of 100 metal skeleton kind of robots marching towards the cowering Imperial guard...muahahaha :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish the sprues allowed some interchangability in terms of left-handed or right-handed troops... and thats not just for necrons but for all teams.

To personalize my necrons, I just give each unit an assigned 'crest' colour with is then painted in a line on the right shoulder and every unit of 12 has a 'captain' who's shoulders, head, forearms, and lower leg part are all painted in the colour of the assigned crest... thus the Crested Ones were created.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast