Carnifex Posers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnifex Posers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

Carnifex Posers

I have just started building my carnifexes from my apoc set, and i was wondering how any of you guys have posed them differently or just done something left field entirely.

So far i have made one that stands on 4 sything talons and has 2 twin linked devourers for its top two arms (combined a gaunt dev with a carni dev). Will prob have to put him on a flying stand attached to his base so it works in game.

Next i was thinking about having one stand on its regular hind legs, but trying to get it standing tall instead of hunched over. Not sure how i'm going to deal with the spine as it is curved into the hunched over position by default, so it may look a bit silly, any ideas on that?

But mainly I'm asking how has anyone done theirs not in the exact basic position. Even if you have just done something funky with the way it holds the guns i'd like to know, any ideas would be really appreciated!

Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed the arms on mine so that he has a heavy weapon on both sides. A venom cannon on the bottem left hand and a barbed strangler on the bottem right. The other two hands are taken up by the pipe stuff that goes to the guns. You can mix and match the heads, half regeneration and half enhanced looks good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Hunches over*

Rawr! I am a carnifex!

Well, OK, I'm really just a poser.

Sorry, guys. I couldn't resist.
    Dark Eldar: Showing the Chaos gods how to do evil properly since 1998.

Borrowed DH Combat Patrol 1W/0D/0L
    Dark Eldar 1W/0D/3L (partially assembled)
    Necron 1W/0D/0L (I got my 'Crons back!)

Moo is my new personal hero. Click Undefeated Dark Eldar and DE? Good you say? to learn why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

most comming thing is that he wield a gun left, and right, instead of 2 in the middle

You should look in the conversions page, make a search for Trygon or something. A guys has make some cool conversions, showing in his thread.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=105366 (Trygon)
    this is the one I meant.
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

where's leech on this one, he has made some pretty awesome fex conversions in the gallery section, i highly suggest you go look at them.

sorry but my fexes aren't posers, they just do the standard hunching thing. the only conversions i've done for them is the left-handed barbed srangler thing, combined the regeneration skull head with the acid maw (but i never use that head), and converted their tails to be an ambiguous, macey-scythey kind of thing.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I have a some odd Carnifexes. I have pictures of two of them. The first one is Toxifex and has a twinlinked deathspitter I converted to look like one gun because it is more fun that way. I use the barbed strangler left arm as it's big bag of toxic grubs that the deathspitter fires.

The second one is a giant scorpion called Bronto scorpius. He has big claws etc and six legs. Basically a giant monster I converted to fit in with my scorpion themed Tyranids.

Here is a link to more pictures of them in my photobucket.

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z...-man/Tyranids/

Here is a link to Hive fleet Moloch which contains loads of Carnifexes in all it's various sections.

http://www.hivefleetmoloch.com/
    Last edited by Leech; October 20th, 2007 at 00:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

You can get the Carnifex to stand upright by turning the torso upside down. Stick the leg section into the head socket (you'll need to cut it to fit), and the head into the hip socket. This makes the Carnifex look really tall.

I'll see if I can find some pics.

Edit: There we go. Look at the 'Fex's in Hive fleet Moloch. I think it's the roarr 'Fex. http://www.hivefleetmoloch.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Honestly Leech.. I don't know why you don't enter competitions man.. you'll blow everyone away.

You deserve a rep easily as high as Hive Fleet Moloch.

Beautiful.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Honestly Leech.. I don't know why you don't enter competitions man.. you'll blow everyone away.
    Thankyou for that, much appreciated. I thought of something else, I was very tired the other day. I have found and observed that to get a good Tyranid conversion it is a good idea to think about where you are going.

Basically give the Carnifex a theme. With the two Carnifexes I posted images of they both have a theme. One is toxic and the other is a scorpion. You can achieve an interesting result if you try to include various ideas in your models.

You could look at things which are aquatic for example. Giving a Carnifex a similarity to a snapping turtle would be cool, I am trying that at the moment. there are laods of other things too such as dinosaurs and so on. Basically have fun with the models and put some more effort than normal into them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

thanks for the start guys!

realy helpful, i was playing around with the kit the other night and figured that i could probably put it together with the toros upside down, but by that time i'd already stuck on the half sphere joint, so i just decided to make it all nice and basic (i guess i gotta have one...)

Yeah i will take my time with it and try to come up with ideas for it, that is a good idea if ever i heard one. And i hope you don't mind that a) i'm going to rip off your idea with combinning the guns cause it does look more menacing, and depcreases the amount that can break in travel, and b) i'm going to bastardise it so badly cause i'm just not the modeller that you are.

Is green stuff difficult to work with? for a conversion like you've done, how much of a packet am i looking at leech?
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast