Weapons for dred? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weapons for dred?

I'm making a Ork converted drednought from a space marine drednought. I'm finding it hard which wepons to put on it. I was thinking of kustom - mega blasta and big shoota, but then again a rokkit would be awesome too.

If you find some pictures on other sites or what you have then show me please! :]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Firstly, when considering ork dreadnaughts you really need to consider the role. Instead of Dreadnaught's I prefer a squad of 3 killa kans with rokkits. These are excellent for blocking for your boys, as well as giving you the option of firing 3 rokkits. Lastly, when in combat they put out more attacks at the same strength, they do have less armor however.

With regards to the dread, stay away from the kustom mega blasta. Although it may look tempting with the ability to be a mobile plasma cannon which greatly helps orks. Remember rolling a 1 causes a glancing hit on your vehicles. Which can add up fast or destroy the dread before it even gets mobile. For that reason I usually go with 2 combat arms, and 2 big shootas. That way you can fire on the move. other chose scorcha's which are great. Technically if you can scorcha something you should be in assault range, however the downside is you could wipe out whatever is in your assault range.

Also take armored plates on your dreads, and consider bringing a burna squad running behind him to keep him mobile. The KFF will turn penetrating into glances, and the mek with tools and some orderlies can keep him really really mobile.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-

Thanks for the comment, but i've gone ahead and brought the stuff for a drednought. I'm looking forward to making this 8X

I'll put up some pictures up after i've done it.
    Ohh and i'm the kind of ork player where i don't really care if i win or loose so i've gone for the kustom mega-blasta hehe and bigshoota fun fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to suggest that you put atleast 2 combat arms on your dred. In the new codex Killa Kans are gonna be getting a BS increase but a WS decrease, whilst Dreds are gonna have the option to take (IIRC) 4 weapons, with 2 mandatory CCW's and two additional arms for either 2 more CCW's or a ranged weapon such a a megablasta, big shoota, or rokkit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I've already got my new Dread built and read to be painted. I'm also working on inserts I can slip over my TL big shootas I mounted on a 2nd Dreadnaught that way it can be used as additional weapons. There was not a good way to pin/magnet the TL big shootas based on the model style.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread