Vortex Grenades!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Vortex Grenades!!!

Played my first Apocalypse game last weekend. I had way more fun than I had expected. Gave a Shas'el a Voertex Grenade, deepstruck him amongst the enemy, and let her rip! Took two structure points off the enemy's Baneblade, but then it drifted off the board.

I recommend at least trying this for fun, but then again, maybe I'm onto something.

"It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Seen it a few times with other teleporting units already. It is pretty effective, but you are throwing away an expensive unit to do it. Though, it is often worth it when it is something like a baneblade or a titan.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Well, the least expensive Character the Tau can field with DS ability is a Shas'el Heatwave with BSF (Twin Flamers) for 59pts, so he actually costs only fractionally more than a Deathrain+. It's interesting to hear you've actually performed this tactic, psichotykwyrm, because I had put forward the idea on Advanced Tau Tactica recently with the intention of trying it out this week-end in a battle.

It sounds like the theory worked out in practice. Good stuff!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

The 'El was pretty bare bones. Just trying it for fun.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't this combo well with a Pathfinder Devilfish? Re-rolled scatter, anyone?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

That is exactly how I intend to use this Kamikaze! I'm going to have two PF units on booard, just to be sure at least one of them can see the 'El.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Ive played a few apoc. games and i always take the flank march combined with the vortex strategem. I then stick is on a Shas'el with Twin Fusion blasters. With flank march i can pretty much throw it anywhere i want within 12" of the board edge without worry for bad scatter. The vortex is preforms A. Amazingly or B. Crap! There seems to be no inbetween, but let me tell ya if your opponant has a static fire base (especially something like AC) it will clear his little bunker out right quick as everything runs to get away from it. God bless that little vacuum cleaner of doom. 8Y

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

596 (x8)

Heh heh! It also likes to remove pieces of terrain in which units are hiding! The units go with the terrain.

Got one single opportunity with the thing during the game, since we only had time to play 3 turns and I had a choice of the Kamikaze or a Barracuda for turn two, so I chose the Barracuda since I'd just finished painting it!

The Kamikaze landed pretty much where I wanted him - right behind the enemy Baneblade! Darn scatter went away from the 'Blade, but landed as mentioned on a piece of terrain which housed a couple of units. Fair enough. (more evil sniggers!)

E.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

443 (x8)

Last Saturday I had even more great luck with the Vortex grenade. The VG took out a Leviathan! Too bad I didn't take my camera, that thing was HUGE. Think it had 12 structure points... And when it went it did the 3d6" explosion!

+ Reply to Thread