Scorp super heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scorp super heavy

So, after looking at the IA books I noticed that the Scorp super heavy is freaking weak sauce! Since Apoc allows us to create our own datasheets what would you create to make a fair and yet viable Scorp super heavy? Write here what your data sheet would include

Ex: Twinlinked Titan Pulsar, 2 Scatter lasers,1 Pintle mounted Shuriken cannon and a 4+ invuln save vs. ranged shots from the front and sides. +50 pts, upgrade Scatter lasers to Bright lances

P.S. points deducted for cheese with beards.

Veni Vidi Vici
    "The plan is to win, if we don't win its cause you guys didn't follow the plan!"
    Eldar: 25,000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

hi mate, as you are aware I dont dissagree with you about the str of the Scorpion, however, the issues run as follows:

1 the main gun of the scorpions is very weapon, as a super heavy tank with a single gun it needs to either be a titan killer or serious template provider

2. compairing to the equivalent super heavies from the imperials, the shadow sword is probably the closest, being a titan hunter, its gun is far more powerful than that of the scorpion, plus it carries a nice array of additional guns. So besides an upgrade to the main gun it would, to be remotely usable, need a raft of other guns

3. which brings us to the final issue - the model, needs more guns represented on it

in the end I come down to -redesign the model, re do weapons etc, and you may as well rename it
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you said is so right on... I am so disappointed with the Scorp. I Know that the Eldar aren't really all about long and heavy engagements, but serioiusly the scorp is realy weak. I would be better off fielding Waveserpents with brightlances and creating a target rich enviornement. I agree with you though in that the main gun needs to be a titan killer and it needs more backup weaponry if it is to be anywhere close to viable in apoc. This reality really stinks cause I would love to see a Scorp fielded with my Titans... I think Im just going to get some fliers instead.
    -V
    Veni Vidi Vici
    "The plan is to win, if we don't win its cause you guys didn't follow the plan!"
    Eldar: 25,000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

with the exception of the appocalypse rules for Eldar Titans, the Flier are by far the juciest of the Eldar options, the Pheonix can be turned in to a slayer
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem that springs to mind is that the scorpian was one of the forgeworlds first models, and as such they had to make it competetive with the units that were availible at the time. Having played against one its nasty. Not titan nasty perhaps but a 4+ invulnerable save, ability to move 12" and still fire a twinlinked strength 9 ap 1 heavy three blast with a range of 60 is nothing to sneer at. That being said however I think the points cost needs to be revised from 650 to more like 400-450 as its armor is only 12 all around and it does lack secoundary weapons as has been already stated.
    "Adversity reveals the genius of a general; good fortune conceals it.
    -Horace

+ Reply to Thread