Warboss + Big mek codex 08 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Warboss + Big mek codex 08

Hi, Reading through the new codex, i was wondering if i take a Ork warboss AND a Big mek, can i have both the Nobz and Deff Dread as my compulsary troop choices?

If so, Deff wing Here i come!

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

As I read it, each boss or big mek allows one of x unit to be taken as troops *shrug*
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

By 08 codex, what is that? The one i have has a couple of orks running thru a muddy patch firing their guns, and inside the cover there is some storm boyz and other basic ork varients.
    Have i got an old codex? my nearest gamesworkshop doesnt have any others so i assumed this was the newest but did i miss something?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsduane View Post
    By 08 codex, what is that? The one i have has a couple of orks running thru a muddy patch firing their guns, and inside the cover there is some storm boyz and other basic ork varients.
    Have i got an old codex? my nearest gamesworkshop doesnt have any others so i assumed this was the newest but did i miss something?
    The new Ork codex is coming out early next year (January?) and some information may have been leaked. This is the codex that is being referred to as the "08 codex," it's currently not available in stores.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Understood!
    Did you find this wargear to be a bit complex? its driving me insane right now, and not to mention i was up for hours last night taking all the shootaz off my orks so i could make them all melee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

The wargear in the new ork codex, and weapons, are IMO very poorly done. The wargear page references you back to the descriptions of half the weapons on various other pages. Really should have all the more complicated ones like Zzap and Shokk Attack in the same darned place.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MVBrandt View Post
    The wargear in the new ork codex, and weapons, are IMO very poorly done. The wargear page references you back to the descriptions of half the weapons on various other pages. Really should have all the more complicated ones like Zzap and Shokk Attack in the same darned place.
    I like the new codex layout, because it makes the army list very condensed and easy to build armies out of without cross-referencing.

There is definitely a problem with the special rules that involve tables. Those all need to be on one page somewhere, and I'm not sure if they appear on the summary page or not. They certainly should.
    Dark Eldar: Showing the Chaos gods how to do evil properly since 1998.

Borrowed DH Combat Patrol 1W/0D/0L
    Dark Eldar 1W/0D/3L (partially assembled)
    Necron 1W/0D/0L (I got my 'Crons back!)

Moo is my new personal hero. Click Undefeated Dark Eldar and DE? Good you say? to learn why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

The new book is very easy to use, and really gives Ork players a nice selection of units to chose from with emphasis on regular boys and customizing your force. Oh and what you mentioned about he warboss/Nobs and Big Mek/Dread. Yep looks accurate.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

I would say for building lists it's easy to use, in that each entry has all its options and points values right there ... no more looking back at an armory to purchase character / nob items (like the old codices), but when referencing what actual weapons do it's terribly inefficient. Also, like most GW writing, I don't think the people who work there went to college. If they did, I need to know what college(s) so I never ever even think of sending my children there.

They are terrible writers, always. WTB anything, fiction or otherwise, put out by GW, where the writing isn't horrible.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

+ Reply to Thread