big mek question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

big mek question

I have this exact big mek model : http://warhammer.taktix.org/uploaded...mek-762721.jpg
    and i was wondering exactly what gun he has, in the codex he has a BS so i assume he has a gun somewhere but I have no idea where.
    And unlike the troops selections, he has no compulsory weapon choices. So what do i give him?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Give him whatever you want, just make sure it at least looks partially like the gun it's supposed to represent.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

well to me it doesnt even look like he HAS a gun, it just looks like the handle to his force field or whatever he has strapped to his back, its just like a flip switch, sort of like a joystick with a wire that leads straight to his back... i want to give him a mega blasta, but i dont have anything i think could look like a plasma gun, and on top of that... how the hell would i make that work with his weapon choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsduane View Post
    well to me it doesnt even look like he HAS a gun, it just looks like the handle to his force field or whatever he has strapped to his back, its just like a flip switch, sort of like a joystick with a wire that leads straight to his back... i want to give him a mega blasta, but i dont have anything i think could look like a plasma gun, and on top of that... how the hell would i make that work with his weapon choice?
    You can convert any weapon you want to represent any weapon you want, so long as it looks like it could work... for example, if he had a Plasma Gun, you'd want it to look like a Plasma Gun. Ork models, though, don't have any "official" look to them... if it's a Kustom Megablasta, it could look like anything so long as it's big and shooty. Experiment, strap it on his back, and voila.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

I cut off his top gun style throttle thing in his hand and attached a shoota to it and a pipe down the side and a few extra bits and pieces but unfortunately it states in the codex that a kustom blasta needs to be 2 handed, and I want my models to be representative of themselves do im not always looking at the book going "what does he have again?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I cut off his top gun style throttle thing in his hand and attached a shoota to it and a pipe down the side and a few extra bits and pieces but unfortunately it states in the codex that a kustom blasta needs to be 2 handed, and I want my models to be representative of themselves do im not always looking at the book going "what does he have again?"
    It counts as 2-handed but he can hold it however you want him to. He doesn't have to hold it in two hands for it to count as 2-handed, ruleswise.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    It counts as 2-handed but he can hold it however you want him to. He doesn't have to hold it in two hands for it to count as 2-handed, ruleswise.
    He has A massive axe/spanner thing in the other hand, and I thought that it would be better to keep him holding it with two hands, because otherwise he gets an extra attack for having that axe, but technically that axe doesnt exist?
    So confusing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

He has A massive axe/spanner thing in the other hand, and I thought that it would be better to keep him holding it with two hands, because otherwise he gets an extra attack for having that axe, but technically that axe doesnt exist?
    So confusing
    You're getting models confused with rules, as I said in your Warboss thread. He will not get an extra attack if he's holding a two-handed weapon in one hand - ruleswise, that weapon still counts as a two-handed weapon, he's just modeled as holding it in one. It will always count as a two-handed weapon, regardless of how the model is carrying it (he could be carrying it on its back - that doesn't make it a no-handed weapon, for example).

The axe is on the model. It's up to you if you want to make it count as something (by giving him the weapon by purchasing it from the Armoury, which costs additional points) or not (leaving it on the model is perfectly acceptable, just make sure your opponents know it's there for modeling purposes only, not for rules).

Don't confuse models and rules.

+ Reply to Thread