How do you use your Monolith? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you use your Monolith?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I move it across the board and have it support my other advancing units.

3 42.86%
  • I deep strike it into enemy lines and let it cause as much havoc as possible.

4 57.14%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

How do you use your Monolith?

I’m thinking of starting a Necron army but converting it to look like a rogue Adeptus Mechanicus group and with a good idea to convert the Monolith into a mobile war factory I’m bound to take one in my army.

But I was wondering how Necron players most often use their Monoliths to the full do you deep strike them into enemy lines or have them move across the board supporting your army?

And what are your thoughts on taking two of these massive units?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Deepstrike is almost always the best way to go. It's sure to disrupt enemy troop formations and will make the most of it's Gauss Flux Arc.

Multiple Monoliths can be devastating if you have the points for it. Less effective against armies with lots of heavy weapons of course. Keep a close eye on your Phase Out number though.
    Last edited by CBrate; November 4th, 2007 at 03:12.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Yeah, the game size is the determining factor for taking multiple Monoliths. It's not unheard of to see two in a 1500pt game. However, this means that the Monoliths are the tactical focus of the army.

I see DSing as the optimal way to deliver Monoliths to the field as it protects them for a couple of rounds and gets it where it can be used best. Of course, there's always the problem of it arriving late. Using two, you could DS one, both, or neither.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Particle Whip?

So Can The Particle Whip be fire along side the Gauss Flux Arc?

Cause I'm not sure if you can count it as an ordance weapon, it an special ablity that the monolith can do and It can't be destroyed like normal ordance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Proiteus View Post
    So Can The Particle Whip be fire along side the Gauss Flux Arc?

Cause I'm not sure if you can count it as an ordance weapon, it an special ablity that the monolith can do and It can't be destroyed like normal ordance?
    The Monolith follows standard ordnance rules as per the official Necron FAQ.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

This is a great idea for a thread, but the poll was an issue, and it wouldn't be very helpful considering that even a Necron noob like myself knows many ways to use the Monolith.

For this reason, the poll has been closed, but the thread has not been.

Cheers
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use my lith as a supporting model. It backs up my warriors and rarely do i use the particle whip. Sometimes, if all my warriors have made their WBB rolls, and i cannot use the portal in an effective way, I will switch to the offensive and wreck a tank or two.

I enjoy using the lith, as it is a staple necron unit, and every cron army should eventually get one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok with the monolith you can fire either the particle whip or you can fire the gauss arc flux but not both in your shooting phase.

With that said if you deep strike a monolith and have troops in reserve you have to port them through so more than likely you will be using the gauss flux anyways, but if you have nothing in reserve you or not intending to transport your troops throught the portal, you can use the particle whip as soon as the the monlith deep strikes.

I agree deep striking a monolith or monoliths into you enemies formations makes some interesting times, although if you have the Deciever in your army plus a monolith or two, you can always use the Grand Illusion ability and redeploy it as per redeployment rules and then place it into reserves - one very nasty way to disrupt your enemies tactics especially if they have placed there forces down to intially deal with the monlith.

+ Reply to Thread