probably a dumb question re: Howling Banshees - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x2)

probably a dumb question re: Howling Banshees

ok, so as we all know, Banshees have both a Shuriken pistol and a Power weapon. Their base stat line says they have 1 attack, so how many attacks do they get in CC?

The reason i'm confused is as follows:

re-reading my big gray book, i saw the two following passages:

p 40

"+1 Two Weapons: enaged models with two single-handed weapons (typically a close combat weapon and/or pistol in each hand) have an extra +1 attack for every turn of close combat)"

and again

p 46

"Close Combat Weapons: [...] However, swords and pistols [...] gain the wielder an additional close combat attack)

So my logic dictates that each banshee gets 2 attacks, 3 on th charge.

Am I interpreting it right? Is this a really obvious question and should i just go to bed ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

1 attack standard +1 for extra ccw = 2 attacks, 3 if charging.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by greymonk View Post
    1 attack standard +1 for extra ccw = 2 attacks, 3 if charging.
    Quoted for truth.

You take their base attacks and add any bonus attacks. According to the BGB, you get one bonus attack for having two single handed weapons (in this case, a shuriken pistol and power weapon), so that will give each Banshee two attacks every turn, three on the charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x2)

thanks to both of you. i'm coming down with a nasty cold, and i think my brain was rather a lot more addled then i was giving it credit for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

A pistol only counts as a close combat if it was either fired only once in the shooting phase or not at all. To my logic that means that if they get charged in the following player's turn then they count as only having one weapon. Is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz_Vaerth View Post
    A pistol only counts as a close combat if it was either fired only once in the shooting phase or not at all. To my logic that means that if they get charged in the following player's turn then they count as only having one weapon. Is this true?
    This is incorrect. A pistol always counts as a close combat weapon, even if fired twice. You can't move/charge if you shoot twice, that is the only restriction. It will always count as an additional CCW, so Banshees will always get two attacks.

One of the few instances where this will be changed is when an enemy unit has a special rule that negates bonus attacks for having two weapons (such as Dark Eldar Wych Weapons).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    This is incorrect. A pistol always counts as a close combat weapon, even if fired twice. You can't move/charge if you shoot twice, that is the only restriction. It will always count as an additional CCW, so Banshees will always get two attacks.

One of the few instances where this will be changed is when an enemy unit has a special rule that negates bonus attacks for having two weapons (such as Dark Eldar Wych Weapons).
    Just re-read the entry for pistol. you're right, good spot
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

+ Reply to Thread