Warphead/Weirdboy Curiosity re: new codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Warphead/Weirdboy Curiosity re: new codex

In reading the new codex, the weirdboy benefits from mob rule in affecting his leadership for psychic tests. The question is, what happens when the mob reaches the magic # for fearless? Does he revert to a max Ld10? Does he continue to use a LD matching the squad size (since no "max 10" is mentioned anywhere)? On the negative side, does he suddenly revert to a fearless psyker who has to use his base LD for his tests?

The answer is not enunciated, or if so is not enunciated very well in the codex.

Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MVBrandt View Post
    In reading the new codex, the weirdboy benefits from mob rule in affecting his leadership for psychic tests. The question is, what happens when the mob reaches the magic # for fearless? Does he revert to a max Ld10? Does he continue to use a LD matching the squad size (since no "max 10" is mentioned anywhere)? On the negative side, does he suddenly revert to a fearless psyker who has to use his base LD for his tests?

The answer is not enunciated, or if so is not enunciated very well in the codex.
    It seems to me like he'd be Fearless, with the mob he is in, but he would use his base Leadership for psychic tests. Or, he would use the Ld. 10. I can't think of any reason why he'd not be Fearless, as it clearly says he would be in the mob so long as the appropriate number is in the mob. He "may" use the Leadership of the mob, no matter what, so this should apply to psychic tests as well.

So, I say, if he's say, with a squad of 12 Boyz, he'd be a Fearless Weirdboy who uses Ld10 for his psychic tests. I'd allow it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

Well, I get that he'd be fearless either way, I'm just putting forth that I think they forgot when writing it to add a caveat, since fearless doesn't make you immune to perils of the warp. LD10 makes sense, but *shrug* it's confusing.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MVBrandt View Post
    Well, I get that he'd be fearless either way, I'm just putting forth that I think they forgot when writing it to add a caveat, since fearless doesn't make you immune to perils of the warp. LD10 makes sense, but *shrug* it's confusing.
    Yeah, I can see that; that's why I'd just play it as LD10, or using his own Ld. when the mob gets too few, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Acrydon View Post
    Yeah, I can see that; that's why I'd just play it as LD10, or using his own Ld. when the mob gets too few, etc.
    I agree with Acrydon, the Wierdboy/Warphead would likely use Ld 10 when in a large mob.

Man, the new Codex isn't even out yet and we already need a FAQ Which leads me to believe that the "leaked" codex isn't so much of a leak, but on purpose. then GW can browse all these sites to see where the bad wording/confusion is an fix it.... LoL, what am I saying, like GW would do something to make the rules more straightforward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

Historically, the writers at GW, across the board, are the type I would fire. That is to say they display no grasp of proper grammar, writing style, publication ability, etc. etc. The written works they put out are utter poo.

So I expect this is exactly what the codex is going to be, and an extensive FAQ will be required.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

+ Reply to Thread