Jetbike Farseer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jetbike Farseer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jetbike Farseer

A jetbike Farseer seems to be a popular choice, and for good reason. I'd like to include one in my army, but it would require a conversion since there is no model available.

So I was hoping that any of you who have attempted the conversion, could you post how you did it? Or perhaps even post a pic of it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

It's taken apart now so no pics. Also my painting skills suck so I might not show you anyway. But I always thought they looked silly on jetbikes so I put them on other stuff.

I liked putting them on the rear platorm of a Vyper with a little spruage for a railing.

Though just putting them on a support weapon platform and putting that onto a flying base so it's up in the air looked pretty good I thought, and it's incredibly easy to do. It isn't even unfluffy as it's like a bigger more regal version of the board things our dark eldar cousins use all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

I'm not a big fan of the jetbike farseer just because having a psyker driving something doesn't make sense to me. The floating platform seems fun but a bit out of place IMO. Would giving him Swooping Hawk Wings or a Warp Jump Generator be ok or is this just too weird for a non aspect warrior?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Another advantage of not using the vyper is being able to use a regular jetbike base without having to worry about it tipping over. Though using too big a base/having a diorama are explicitly allowed in the rules.

To be clear I'm representing a craftworld version of the Hellion Skyboard.

Using the base of a support weapon which already has propulsion things on it though you could add something else.

The farseer covering up the little hole in the middle.

Then tack a standard pair of vehicle shuricast on the bottom so it shows between the forward wings or split it so one cat is on the underside of each wing. You probably have some around after upgrading your falcon/wave serpent to have the cannon.

Then put it on a jetbike base (or a heavier custom clear base)

Some farseer models look better than others with this. And if you want to be fancy you could angle how the farseer and the platform meet up to give a more fluid dynamic pose than the slower looking pose the old farseers give.

Personally I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

ok dont have piccis of my farseer on a bike, but here is one of my warlocks:

the conversion is essentially the same, infact the farseer is slightly easier as you can use one who already has a spear :
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...090&orignav=10
    (the one on the left is what I used)

The conversion is largely covered on the US GW site quite well

But gist:
    The cutting is best done with a dremmel tool, quick and controllable

1. cut the farseer in half just below the waist, file it back to the point where the torso sits snugly on the bikers legs.

2. Cut off left arm under the shoulder pad. cut left hand off the arm at the wrist.

3. Pin the left arm back on in a possition related to controlling the bike (towards the handlebars) and pin a biker hand on the end

4. fill the gaps on the hand and the arm with GS

5. use sheets of GS to make the lower parts of the cloak covering the legs

6. personnaly I then cut the stub wings off the bike and replaced with swooping hawk wings and replaced the banner pole with a vien off a wave serpent
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x2)

Similar idea to that already posted, but i've built up a craftworld version of the hellion board, but based it in the dark eldar hellion board, greenstuffed away a lot of the more "aggressive" parts (the wholes, filed off a few of the spikes, glued shur-cats to the bottom to represent the twin-linked) and i have a bonesinger model with a new head and a staff standing on it.

I'll post up some pics for you as inspiration if you'd like. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out (not painted yet, just primed)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

That's mine use the normal legs of a biker, the torso and arms of a DA exarch, the console of a shining spear, the head of a farseer, the guardian "communication arrays" and some green stuff for some short robes.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll have to take a pic of mine because I just finished him a couple of days ago.

Basically I used the Farseer model with the knife pointing outward (I think it is the box set one). Sawed him at the waste and used jet bike legs, I modelled him standing up and leaning forward. I used a Singing Spear arm brandished to one side, I kept the knife on the other arm, he is a Farseer he doesn't need to physically control the bike, I used Princy Iyildrin's head for a bit of character and then modelled robes out of green stuff. I am thinking of getting the banner from the new High Elf Tiranoc Chariot to go on him somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I used a Dark Eldar jetbike as the basis for mine. Used green stuff to smooth out the canopy and some of the 'sharper' bits (namely the wings). For the farseer, I used the original Dark Eldar rider with a Farseer head and a green stuff cape to cover it's back. The right arm I replaced with the long power weapon from the Dire Avenger sprue. Overall it looks pretty nice and dynamic, very similar to the new Eldar jetbike design that showed up a little while ago. The green stuff work was all pretty easy (in case you're, like me, not terribly talented with it).

Good luck
    -destp
    Thousand Sons ~2750 points | Eldar ~1000 points
    Tzeentch Daemons ~2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've made 2, both female.

One I made using the Bretonnian Fay Echantress model with a farseer head (w/ long strands of hair flowing out) and farseer arm, she sits sidesaddle on her bike. Don't have a camera, but If I can find one, I'll post some pics.

The other I made using a classic mounted Bretonnian Sorceress body, remving the head and using the jetbike rider's head instead.

At this point, I'm work on several other conversions to make more for my apocalypse size army. There are really a large variety of ways to make a good mounted farseer. I think the main problem is to make sure they look enough like an Eldar. Usually not too hard, a head transplant or use of some Eldarish armor can make a lot of models have that feel.
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. September 14th, 2008, 13:43