Nids vs 13th company and crons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Nids vs 13th company and crons

Hi guys,

Just finished my 1500 point Templars army, and am looking to start Tyranids. My two opponents are mostly 13th company and necrons. What advice can you give me against playing them? And what type of list would be most efficient? Id like to play a fast assaulty army, but if theres a better option im willing to listen. Cheers for your help.

Peace out:happy:

Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0w_Reaper View Post
    Hi guys,

Just finished my 1500 point Templars army, and am looking to start Tyranids. My two opponents are mostly 13th company and necrons. What advice can you give me against playing them? And what type of list would be most efficient? Id like to play a fast assaulty army, but if theres a better option im willing to listen. Cheers for your help.

Peace out:happy:
    id go with alot of stealers :] rending on those 3+ saves would do wonders. :]

just screen them with alot of termagaunts. or spinegaunts.

rending on the crons would prevent there wwb roll

hope that gives you a little bit of help o.o
    I have no faith in humanity what so ever....

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Sometimes speaking the truth is heresy. In which case, you must burn. ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Welcome to the Swarm! 8Y On the topic of Necrons, here is the most recent thread I recall posting in: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=106081 (How do I fight Necrons?)

Haven't faced 13th Company, so unforunately can't be of much help beyond any generic advice against MEQs which would be Gaunts to tie, Rending and Monstrous to kill and some VCannon to silence the blasted vehicles.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

13th coy are few in number and lack tanks, but their assault elements have a huge number of comparably fast attacks for marines, accordingly whilst swarms look good in principle, you will find you lose a lot of your power because he will pull down most if not all creatures in base to base before you attack.

crons again there is a trap, any half way decent cron player keeps his warriors around a lord with a res orb, accordingly rending does not stop WBB, against crons you can play him at his own game and go hoard with endless tide. Crons tend to have few squads but large numbers, this means they will shoot up squads very badly but struggle to deal with large numbers of squads.

So that says that on face value stealer lists will work against one army whilst hoard lists will work against the other

Nidzilla lists will probably have some joy against crons but struggle against 13th coy, the proliferation of melta guns and powerfists will hurt

So none of the unbalanced lists are ideal, accordingly I think I would go with a mixed list
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread