Easiest army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Easiest Army to Face

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Other Eldar

0 0%
  • Inquisition

3 6.82%
  • Chaos

1 2.27%
  • Space Marines

10 22.73%
  • Imperial Guard

10 22.73%
  • Tau

2 4.55%
  • Orks

7 15.91%
  • Necrons

3 6.82%
  • Dark Eldar

3 6.82%
  • Tyranids

5 11.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easiest army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easiest army

Which is the easiest army to face as an eldar player?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK first thougth - why? what is the point?

Second the question is not valid since eldar armies, as with most others, can be configured hugely differently, accordingly what one army finds easy another will find difficult and vica verca
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

I'm not sure why the OP put this up, but I'm curious to see if others agree with my general thoughts and so far so good.

While it's true armies can be configured differently there are definite trends and tendencies.

Our current codex makes it darn easy for Eldar to load up on poor AP multishot weaponry while making it much more difficult to add in anti MEQ.

Even our anti MEQ units are often great against IG. For example I added spears to fight marines. However with a farseer giving them a reroll on their 3+ save and the farseer generally being able to force a single power weapon armed model to attack him they've run roughshod over IG armies. Using their withdraw power to jump up and down on their heavy weapons. I've even started getting cocky and do things like charge 2-3 units at the same time if they don't have power weapons (surprisingly easy with the wide jetbike bases), works really well at tying their line up horribly.

Also for lack of other troop options I use my old black guardians as dire avengers. And they do horrid horrid things to IG. Just messy.

I suppose technically they could go after me with vehicles and the whole "IG can surround the vehicle to keep the fire dragons at bay" bit. But they haven't been successful at it yet.

I imagine orc will also have a big problem with us unless, maybe, they go speed freak.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

My friend has hopped on the light vehicle bandwagon, and therefore has no trouble beating the stuffing out of my dark eldar, or necrons. Take your pick. When I steal his army, I can generally beat on his tyranids like a drum. I guess I'll go with DE.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Like any army, it pretty much depends on how you set it up. I second Cheredanine's post, as in "WTF?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cause people keep saying Eldar ALWAYS trash IG 99% of the time. I want to know if this is truly believed among Eldar players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I think Space Marines are the easiest as they are all very similar. You only have to load up on high strength weapons like starcannons and brightlances and you're set for both troops and vehicles. Their maximum range is usually only 48" and their footsloggers are so static you can dance pirouettes around them while courting them back.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator100 View Post
    Cause people keep saying Eldar ALWAYS trash IG 99% of the time. I want to know if this is truly believed among Eldar players.
    I think part of the problem is that IG armies aren't at leisure to make an anti eldar force. They're typically trying to be strong against MEQ like everybody else.

Against eldar lascannons are mostly a waste compared to missle launchers. You'll often want powerweapons in your units. And so on.

Now eldar are typically looking to fight MEQ as well. But with the nerfed starcannon and such we're seeing tons of scatterlasers and dire avengers hitting the table. Units that are passable against MEQ but really shine against guard.

In my admitedly limited expereince with this (3 IG games with the new dex) the games were absolute routes. Granted that's also to do with the generals I was playing too I'm sure.

Hint for playing against Eldar. Infiltrating is all well and good BUT YOU NEED TO KEEP AWAY FROM THOSE AVENGERS. You do not want them firing on the first Eldar turn. Also keep away from the Eldar's infiltrated scorps, they tend to have move through cover. In two of the games, if I remember correctly, the opponent moved an infiltrated unit forward maybe to rapid fire something or to get the unit into cover for the cameloline bonus. But the end result was they were just too close to the scorps letting me get first turn charges on my turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I have always found that most armies can be easy to play although I find that potentially the two hardest are th two Eldar armies, this is mainly due to the fact that they have no real throw away troops... that is from my experiences.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Yep, the metagame is, as in all questions like this, quite relavant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast