Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
hey guys thanks for all the help in my list, all comments were taken to consideration, and ive decided drop the vores, get my winged tyrant to have twin devourers, and maybe some ravs.
new problem. i dont know if im posting this in the right secion if im not i apologize.
im having unbeileveable problems putting my models together, not the gaunts genes. etc. none of the easys. the lictor and the zaothrope just dont seem to like me. ive found my self swearing at them on numerous acations(i hope i spelled that right), ive tried super glue, tried green stuff they still dont work.
any helpful building technigues for em?
thanks later -K-WEEZY
If by your having troubles putting them together, you mean that they aren't sticking and fall apart, what you're probably looking for is pinning. The thorpe especially is very strange sized and is top heavy, so it's going to be hard to put together.
The process of pinning is pretty simple. Find some wire, like paper clips or something. Dill a hole into one of the parts that you're attaching. Cut a short length of the wire and glue it into the hole. Drill another hole in the other part, stick the exposed wire in and glue it. This makes a very sturdy attachment. For the part the wire goes into first, I prefer to use the arm, head or whatever the attaching part it. I just find that it's easier to line it up with the body or whatever next.
Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
I also found a helpful thing to do is that when you pin after you do one appendage and put in the piece of wire that if you dip that piece into a bit of bright paint then mark where you are going to drill. that way you are never off course and it isn't messy.
The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?
You can also just drill through the whole appendage from the outside. I'll often just drill through the arm, into the body, and pin it there. A little bit of putty and filing covers up the hold, plus I don't have to worry about alignment. For small joints that support a lot of weight, that’s really the best way to do it. (Lictor tail comes to mind.)
I've found certain glues seem to perform much better then others as well (or maybe that's just perception on my part). I suggest picking up some 'thick' -consistency glue at your local hobby shop. Zap-a-Gap thick has always worked wonders for me when it comes to metal models, although I do pin awkward pieces.
Yeah, pinning is indeed the best solution. Anyway, if you are of the lazy type, like me, I've been quite successful putting a tiny (like REALLY thin and tiny) bit of wet toilet paper in the joint, then adding superglue (any ethyl cyanocrilate based glue works).
The thing is, water is a natural catalyst for superglue, which makes it cure sooner. About the paper thing... I can't really say, I read it in these forums and it really makes things bond better (before I read that tip I just dampened the surfaces before gluing, but the results are much much worse).
I'm pretty sure there's a Physical/chemical explanation, just like how fibres make concrete stronger, but I'm too lazy to look up anyways, pinning is the best and most durable solution.
Another thing that you may want to do is wash the parts. Metal bits are especially dirty. In the casting process they put something into the molds to make it easier to get the bits out of the mold. This stuff is greasy and happens to make it so super glue has a hard time bonding to it.
If the pieces are large, just throw them in the dishwasher. Otherwise just use regular dishwashing soap.
"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
I had the same problem as you so what I was to use the strongest super glue you can find then wrap duck tape (or just normal sticky tape, but duck tape is better) around the glued area, leave it flat for a while and that should give a while to set I hope this helps. :ballon: