Witchblade and singing spear - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Witchblade and singing spear

When i read the rulebook it says the wielder of a witchblade triples his strenght against vehicles. That means a warloch would strike at S9. The singing spear also strikes at S9 angainst vehicles.
    Then what is the point of taking singing spear when witchblade grants another attack and the same striking power?

And by the way, this is my first topic in the forums.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MyGreenFriend View Post
    Then what is the point of taking singing spear when witchblade grants another attack and the same striking power?
    The ranged attack, plain and simple (which is a bit like an extra attack). Attack a vehicle at range with the equivalent of a BS4 lascannon has its uses.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Well i personally dont use singing spears at all... im planning un having a Biking Seer Council. Though it is very useful on a 3 man jetbike squad with warlock
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

I thinka lot of people have a jetbike farseer for various reasons.

The spear, while worse in CC, gives them a nice anti vehicle ranged attack. For the OP melee against vehicles is usually extremly chancy. First vehicles that are moving a lot or skimmers are only hit on a 6 whereas the thrown spear always hits on a 2+.

Also when charging a vehicle you're often putting your model in a really risky place. Whereas with a jetbike you can fire at 12" and hop back another 6" which can be enough to get you back someplace where the enemy can't target your IC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Singing spear is a natural choice for a farseer or warlock on jetbike. Both usually do best when they stay out of cc, and the spear works very well with the jetbikes ability to move back behind cover after shooting. At the cost of one melee attack (and a few points) you get a much more versatile weapon that is far better suited to what your warlock and farseer should be doing than the witchblade.

/Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Not to mention that you don't need 6's to hit skimmers when u throw the spear.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry but witchbalde hits on a 2 plus regardless of the fact the vehicle is a skimmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

sorry but witchbalde hits on a 2 plus regardless of the fact the vehicle is a skimmer
    Nope. Witchblade wounds on a 2+ - still have to roll to hit normally. Therefore it is often better to throw a spear at a tank than try and smack it with a witchblade - moreso if it is a skimmer

+ Reply to Thread