Battle Of Ultramar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to know some few things.

I'm planning for having a mega-battle this summer which will be the nivasion of Ultramar by the Tyranids, so can anybody give me some advice on fielding the models such as FW and VDR and what sort of scenery.

The scenario will probably be a grand assault where the Tyranids are the attacker so 2x many points as the defender, this will be bloddy.

Are both the Hierodules and Harridan a good bet for deploying in this mega battle involving around some 10.000 or 14.000 Pts of Nids.

Obivious players are Ultra Marinies, Imperial Gaurd and of course the Tyranids,

Any comments would appreaciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Well, if this a historical battle of the Behemoth Invasion... The Tyranid ground assault hit the polar defenses of Macragge, so the scenery should be arctic.

Unless You're going to play the battle on the paradise world of Prandium or a slew of other Ultramar planets the Tyranids hit back then.

As for FW and VDR/CDR stuff, You should ask the organizers about those, since its all up to them.

I would vouch for agreement, since by the fluff there were at least Imperial Titans present in the engagements on the northern and southern polar defense fortresses.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uzi is correct about the Titans, and I think the number of points should be more like triple or so than just double. You have to remember, in the "reality" of a 40K battle, sides are not equally chosen by restrictions of force.

Then again, triple the amount may be WAY too much, unless you give the Ultramarines the defenses that they had, IE a huge fortress.

Best of luck, and I hope you post this up on the army report board!
    "Can you put that in a memo and title it '***** I already know!'"
    ~Sarge

Church: "Ok, so we're agreed? You first!"
    Sarge: "Get on with it, Griff."
    Griff: "I'd just like everyone to know: that I suck."
    Church: "And?"
    Griff: "And that I'm a girl..."
    Church: "What else?"
    Griff: "And I like ribbons in my hair, and I want to kiss all the boys."
    Sarge: "This has to be the best surrender of all time."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of interest, who actually wins the battle in the original story cause if the nids origanally lost in the story but win in the battle, won't that b a bit wierd? But then again u could say that a warp storm or something brought them all back in time and history itself changes.
    'No evil will escape the just punishment of rightenous'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ultramarines "won" in a very loose sense of the term.

They lost their entire first company in the fighting, and a large portion of their fleet. I don't know about the rest of the losses, but I suspect their losses to have been close to 50%, and for a chapter, that's quite a bit.
    "Can you put that in a memo and title it '***** I already know!'"
    ~Sarge

Church: "Ok, so we're agreed? You first!"
    Sarge: "Get on with it, Griff."
    Griff: "I'd just like everyone to know: that I suck."
    Church: "And?"
    Griff: "And that I'm a girl..."
    Church: "What else?"
    Griff: "And I like ribbons in my hair, and I want to kiss all the boys."
    Sarge: "This has to be the best surrender of all time."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

The Idea is to give them this huge fortress measuring about 2 square metre and rising some four levels into the air

The area is looking like nothern Europe as this reflects Macragge well.

As for the organizers, I'm one of them representing the Tyranids, though one of my friends, he play Imperial is going to deploy 2, YES THAT'S 2 Baneblades.
    Another feature is that special Characters a allowed and in some cases they must be present.

Though we have deceided that the Tyranids will four times the points of the defending forces to replicates the scale of the attack.

We will also play the scenario in which the entire 1st company was killed defending a fortress.

BFG will also feature in this battle adding direct result to the forces on the ground

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

The Tyranids overran the Northern fortress, killing every single last human and SM there. That's where the Ultrasmurfs lost their entire 1st Company.

In the Southern fortress, the Tyranids had infiltrated and infested the subterranean parts of the fortress, but the defending UM had -surprisingly enough- managed to stay alive.

In space, Tyranids destroyed most of the UM fleet and the Imperial fleet from Bakka. If not for the sacrifice of the Imperial Flagship, the Emperor-class battleship Dominus Astra, Macragge would be a barren, airless rock, and the Tyranids would've bred some very nice things from all that SM DNA.

So yes, the Imperium and UM won, but at a great cost. I suppose it beats getting ones homeworld eaten, though. Mmm, tasty Hard-shell-soft-flesh-prey...

One thing to consider is to give the Tyranids 2x-3x the points, and Sustained Attack, rulebook page 137, as a mission special rule.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

Hey Uzi-99

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the sustained attack, I totally forgot that one

This will make the battle even more massive as it means they just keep coming.

A quote from " Aliens"

"Their coming out of the God**** walls in swarms."

Man do i love that films. :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an Ultramarine Player; I'd like it of after the battle you have a moment of silence......

Sounds like a great game though, where are you playing it?
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill everytime..... </div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

Well were going to play it at a friend of mine who has a large 2 by 3m table that they used for what we call in the Netherlands pingpong

Closed Thread