Old (3rd ed?) Ork models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old (3rd ed?) Ork models

I was entertaining the thought of starting Orks as a second army even before I started reading about the new goodies they are getting. That being said I still don't understand much about them.

My question is pretty simple, under the new Codex will Ork Boyz (The ones that come in boxes of 16) and the old Warbike models still be viable.

I assume the Boyz are, as they are sort of the bread and butter troops, yes?

But I remember reading that the bikes were becoming pretty awesome in the new 'Dex and that might entail obsoleting the old 3rd Ed. warbikes model completely.

Answers appreciated, any further light you can shine as far as what models are becoming obsolete would be greatly appreciated as I go bargain hunting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters View Post
    I was entertaining the thought of starting Orks as a second army even before I started reading about the new goodies they are getting. That being said I still don't understand much about them.

My question is pretty simple, under the new Codex will Ork Boyz (The ones that come in boxes of 16) and the old Warbike models still be viable.

I assume the Boyz are, as they are sort of the bread and butter troops, yes?

But I remember reading that the bikes were becoming pretty awesome in the new 'Dex and that might entail obsoleting the old 3rd Ed. warbikes model completely.

Answers appreciated, any further light you can shine as far as what models are becoming obsolete would be greatly appreciated as I go bargain hunting.
    there will be a new warbike model.......
    I have no faith in humanity what so ever....

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Sometimes speaking the truth is heresy. In which case, you must burn. ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But are there changed to the warbikes (in the codex) that obselete the old model?

I mean, the 3rd Edition predator is exactly the same as the 4th ed. except for appearance, so that doesn't matter, but I don't know if that's the case for the bikes.

I don't care about having older models as long as they still fit the codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to pipe in if anyone knows about this I'm intrested in the answer too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Yes, you will still be able to use your older warbike models with the new codex. Any changes made to the bike entry between the two editions will not make the older bikes unusable. (Now if we were talking about warbuggies and wartrakks, then that would be a different story as there is now a distinction between the two in the new codex.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    (Now if we were talking about warbuggies and wartrakks, then that would be a different story as there is now a distinction between the two in the new codex.)
    Oh? how so? other than looks. Or is that what you mean there is now a distinction between the two?

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Wartrakks are now an upgrade for Warbuggies and allow you to re-roll dangeroues terrain tests for the vehicle.

Also, as darkreaver said, you can still use the old 3rd Edition Biker models with the new Dex. The bikes have changed in the Codex, but their weapons are essentially the same as the old Dex, but with a new name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

New orks

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyclops View Post
    Wartrakks are now an upgrade for Warbuggies and allow you to re-roll dangeroues terrain tests for the vehicle.

Also, as darkreaver said, you can still use the old 3rd Edition Biker models with the new Dex. The bikes have changed in the Codex, but their weapons are essentially the same as the old Dex, but with a new name.
    To piggie back. Old warbike models will still be usable, but the new models are really sweet and more orky/ customizable.

Boys boxes will go from 16 boys without heavy weapons and power klaw, to 10 boys with rokkit/big shoota, and nob with klaw option. Its a push or shove depending what you want. You can easily convert big shootas/rokkits pending what your looking for. The nob with the klaw there are lots of ways to represent him. Considering the number of boys you'll need, it might not hurt to have a old box or 2.

War buggies/trakks are a change which now affects what you want.

The biggest change is looted vehicles which you really need to read the codex to see what to do.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread