Biomorphs especially on Hive Tyrant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biomorphs especially on Hive Tyrant

Hi, this is my first time on this forum and I'm already liking it.

I have one quick question though, my Tyranid army is rather outdated in terms of models and I've only recently got back into the game so I bought the codex the other day.
    My hive tyrant was the previous edition and I was wondering how you can add biomorphs especially implant attack.

Also with biomorphs like extended carapace, do you really need to show it on ALL your models, especially when I want it on genestealers?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

It will always depend on who you play with. Most people won't demand that you're totally WYSIWYG. My largest complaint with WYSIWYG is that it tries to force you to always bring the same thing to the table. Who wants to have 5 different tyrants just to try out different shooting?!? (you can always pin with magnets but that's another discussion.)

For adding boimorphs to older figs, pretty much anything goes. You can use greenstuff, bits from new models, bits from other models, etc...

On larger tyranid units, gaunts, etc... I don't know of many people who take the time to put biomorphs on every fig. Trying to put glands on 32 figs when you only have 8 glands in the box just doesn't work. FOr weapons and such, it's a must. For the little things I don't know of many who worry over it much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Hi, welcome to LO. I think the Hive tyrant you are talking about is this one.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...orignav=301117

With this Hive tyrant you can easily turn the tail into an implant attack. All you need to do is paint that pointy tail as a stinger. Use green or some other colour to show it is nasty and poisonous. You can do this with the really old Hive tyrant as well. Just paint the pincer-like tail with evil venom on it and the same applies to the current Hive tyrant.

If you want to add more biomorphs to your Hive tyrant you could try to see what fits on the thing. Enhanced senses really only needs some kind of targeter. You can use the ball-joint parts from Tyranid plastic arms for that. Just cut off the rounded part and glue it too the gun. You can then paint it as an eye and call it a bio-targeter.

When it comes to showing biomorphs you should generally be clear about what they have. You don't have to use the parts that GW supplies and you don't have to use them the way they show it. How they do it is basically a guideline for you.

If you want extended carapace on Genestealers the new Genestealers come with carapace for the whole brood. If you want to do the old ones I suggest that you save up your larger pieces of extended carapace. You can put these larger pieces onto the Genestealers. Just use one on each Genestealer and place them on it's back as a kind of shield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem is I have about 26 genestealers. but I think I would only use 10 or so for my 1000 pt army so thanks. btw if you show biomorphs i.e. flesh hooks but they arent part of the biomorphs you have on ie a warrior, do you have to, get rid of them or does it really depend on the opponent's leniency.

oh and excuse me noobness but whats WYSIWYG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by himynameisho View Post
    WYSIWYG
    "What you see is what you get", I.E., if you don't model it, even if you spend the points, you don't have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most players will let you off as long as a majority of the squad has the biomorphs, you could even split it up between the models I suppose. You may have trouble with GW tourneys though but again it depends on your opponents opinion and the staff of the shop.

As for the tyrant your best bet is green stuff or the leftover morphs from a fex. Green stuff truly is a modelers best friend.
    Never broken, Never fallen, Courage out of fear.
    "Those who give up often do not realize just how close they are to success when they give up."

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

I've found that as long as you tell your opponent ahead of time, and there's something that could possibly be an extended carapace, you're good to go. For example, I painted all of the torsos on my genestealers the same colour as the armour plates on my monstrous creatures, I didn't add any bits, but it's still pretty clear they're armoured. Even in WYSWYG tournaments I've never had any issues with it (just always make sure to tell your opponent up front on anything that isn't the standard way of showing the biomorph).
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Besides, armouring 'Stealers is pretty easy... You get a boatload of ExtCar bits from Gaunts which you certainly won't ever use on them. =)

In addition to showing a biomorph in some manner, even if just a colour on them, I think it pays to remain consistent... Essentially, if green colour on 'Stealer brood A means ExtCar, that means 'Stealer brood B can't use yellow to mean ExtCar.

Usually you can put parts on models without them having any actual effect ("cosmetic reasons", for example a model has two pistols which count ruleswise as a pistol and CC weapon), so I'd say something like FlsHks on a Warrior which doesn't really have them is okay as long as you don't try using them and don't try to deceive your opponent into thinking it has them as that might affect their tactical decisions.

There are of course limits, I personally wouldn't want to see a cheapo Carnifex with 2xScyTal ruleswise but the model showing every conceivable biomorph you can cram on to it.

TamCoan: My Gaunt boxes each came with 3 Biomorph sprues for a total of 9 gland bits for 16 Gaunts, so I can't really see there being too much of a problem in showing it on the vast majority of the ones which do get it? Except it being a bit fiddly to put it on all of them... :rofl
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul_Harkonen View Post
    I've found that as long as you tell your opponent ahead of time, and there's something that could possibly be an extended carapace, you're good to go. For example, I painted all of the torsos on my genestealers the same colour as the armour plates on my monstrous creatures, I didn't add any bits, but it's still pretty clear they're armoured. Even in WYSWYG tournaments I've never had any issues with it (just always make sure to tell your opponent up front on anything that isn't the standard way of showing the biomorph).

Do you have any images of your genestealers? I don't think I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PoptartsNinja View Post
    "What you see is what you get", I.E., if you don't model it, even if you spend the points, you don't have it.
    Worth noting that only a total arse would truly enforce this rule in a friendly environment and, quite frankly, if they did I wouldn't be inclined to play them anyway.

However, if you intend entering GT's, that's a different matter.

I try and put most biomorphs on but, equally, I want my models to look good. Often, the presentation of the model can be ruined by inclusion of the biomorphs neceaary to make a good CC Fex (for example).

End of the day, unless you intend on entering GT's, make them how you want them to look, thy're your models after all. 8Y
    Nothing to see here, please move along.
    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast