Wych Cult question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wych Cult question

When playing Wych cult, is it smarter to put your Wyches in raiders or run them up the board hugging cover?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Fayryker View Post
    When playing Wych cult, is it smarter to put your Wyches in raiders or run them up the board hugging cover?
    Hi,
    It is much smarter giving any assault based troops the advantage of transport and in the specific case of Wyches even more so.

Why? They only have a 6+ armour save against shooting and “need” to be in combat to gain the 4+ invulnerable save they so desperately need.

The Raiders will give you the mechanism of moving the transport 12”, disembarking 2”, fleeting a possible 6” (this of course will depend on your dice roll here) and then charge 6” (or if you have the right drugs you can charge 12”).

This can total a 32” range and can often get the first turn charge if you are lucky and this makes a HUGE difference in the game.

I seriously doubt you will find any competitive Wych Cult list that is not mechanized to the max.

It’s the inclusion of our cheap Raiders with their open top profile and the fleet of foot troops that makes all this possible, the 12” charge drug you just have to be lucky to roll for.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do Wyches get a 4+ Invulnerable save in CC? is there a rule for that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Hi,
    page 9 in the Codex in the Wych Special Rules under the heading "Dodge,"........4+ invulnerable whilst fighting in close combat.

These guys are filthy in combat and when combined with a a Raider are possibly the best combat troops in 40K.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

What version of the codex do you have, 1st or 2nd? If you have the first you 'll have to fing the Faq with point changes, rule changes, and vehicle upgrades. Should be on the GW website.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Helbrecht View Post
    What version of the codex do you have, 1st or 2nd? If you have the first you 'll have to fing the Faq with point changes, rule changes, and vehicle upgrades. Should be on the GW website.
    HeHe, I had forgotten about all that muck around with old Codex's.
    Well picked up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And really if you are running a full Wych contingent you really only need to be lucky on one or two of the combat drug rolls, the rest can pile in right behind them on subsequent turns when your initial squads tear through the enemy. It's nasty when it's pulled off right.

I am trying to build a good Wych list atm, more reading and more playtesting required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by wickywacky1 View Post
    HeHe, I had forgotten about all that muck around with old Codex's.
    Well picked up!
    Only because i have the darned 1st edition!
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure that I have the 1st one, because I noticed that a lot of things were missing from it that a lot of people have in their lists. Is there a new HQ choice called an Archite? because the only ones in my book are Archons and Dracons, and is there a separate list for the wych cult?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

More or less yes. Archites and Drachites instead of Archons and Dracons, wyches as troops, warriors as elites, no talos, haemonculi or incubi (since they need to be a retinue for an Archon or Dracon). You can have more warp beasts though, a pack for every wych squad. The codex also has changed point costs for plasma grenades and completely alters what wych weapons are. The updates on the GW site will help you but they won't bring you fully up to date, the 2nd edition codex still has things changed from that so it's best to just get the current codex with the current and up do date rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast