New Tau Player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Tau Player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Tau Player

im a new tau player.. i have bought some tau fire warriors .. what do you sugest i buy next????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

A crisis suit, since you need to have at least on Crisis Commander to have a legal army. Unless you want the special weapons or funny looking heads you don't need to spend the extra money on the Commander kit, just get a regular Battlesuit kit.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

If you are able to gather the money in one shot, the best thing is to buy a battleforce since you will likely use everything in it.

But it is understandable that it is sometimes hard to spend that much in one go...

-Thread Killer Bryan
    Tyranid Hive Fleet Typhoeus
    T'au Empire, Bork'an Sept

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The next thing you should buy is the Codex, if you haven't already done so, then read it through several times before committing to purchases (apart from the obligatory ones). Decide on what style of Tau Army suits your playing style: Static (= Gun Line, Imperial Guard-like stand-and-shoot), Mobile Infantry (lots of Crisis Suits and Fire Warriors in Devilfish), Mech Tau (loads of vehicles and Crisis Suits), Hybrid (a bit of static and mobile and mech). Deciding on this will save you £££/$$$ in wrong or unsuitable purchases.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I agree with what is said above. You need at least a crisis suit and most importantly THE CODEX. it cannot be stressed enough that you need to buy the codex as soon as possible.
    If you do have 50£ to spend on this hobby, you should get the Battleforce. it is good value and gives you everything you need apart from the all important codex...

If not, then you legally have an army when you get a crisis suit (as you can split the firewarriors into 2 groups of 6). This won't add up to alot of points, but you can add on as you go.

If you have no funds for buying a big army just to start with, Combat Patrol might be for you, to start you off... It's only 400points and you don't even need a HQ to play...
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

+ Reply to Thread