Farseer w/ spirit stone targeting multiple units - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    155 (x2)

Farseer w/ spirit stone targeting multiple units

Can a farseer with spirit stone and 2 psychic powers target two separate units with those powers in the same turn?

So if I have a farseer with a Spirit Stone, Doom, & Guide could he use those powers on two separate units?

Primary Army: Tyranids; Secondary Army: Space Wolves

It's Illeagle, but it' s not that illeagle. - John Public

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Doom, guide and fortune are not shooting powers, so follow none of the rules for shooting.

Mind War and Eldritch Storm follow the targeting rules as normal, however.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    155 (x2)

Duh…ok thanks I should have thought of that.

So if I am using both Mind War and Eldritch Storm then they have to target the same opponent, otherwise I can use the powers on separate units.
    Primary Army: Tyranids; Secondary Army: Space Wolves

It's Illeagle, but it' s not that illeagle. - John Public

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
    So if I am using both Mind War and Eldritch Storm then they have to target the same opponent, otherwise I can use the powers on separate units.
    That's the one.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you cannot use mind war and eldritch storm in the same shooting phase, as you can only shoot once per turn unless your monstrous or a vehicle of course, however you can guide a unit and eldritch storm a tank or something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you can use mind war and ES powers in the same turn if you use them against the same unit. I just looked through the rules adn yes you can only shoot once agreed, but the spirit stones allow you to use two different powers in the same turn, it does not specify saying that useing both those powers are illegal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but to my mind, you still can't use both. In the Eldar Codex, it states that unless specified otherwise, all psychic powers follow the normal rules. The normal rules for psychich powers is that they follow the same ruels for shooting. The rules for shooting is that you can only shoot 1 weapon. There for, using Eldritch Storm and Mind War are considered shooting attacks (as it is not stated otherwise), ergo you can only use one or the other. Just how I see it.

Cheers,
    Scott
    I like my women how I like my coffee! In a plastic cup! - Eddie Izzard

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Thats the thing with warhammer 40k the rules cna be a bit vague, I think that you can use both shiooting powers as long as it is the same unit. I know that is how its done for Chaos and i think regular marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With SM and CSM as it specifically states "This power is used in the shooting phase instead of firing a weapon" - it doesn't matter how any times you can use the power, it's used INSTEAD of shooting with a weapon. You can only shoot with a weapon once. And in fact, if I remember correctly, Mind War and Eldritch storm says the same thing...*pulls out codex, has a look*...yup, used in the shooting phase instead of firing a weapon. As far as I'm concerned, the Farseer can only shoot with his Shuriken Pistol once in the shooting phase - or he can replace that shooting with Eldritch Storm *OR* Mind War.

Cheers,
    Scott
    I like my women how I like my coffee! In a plastic cup! - Eddie Izzard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by scooter_booter88 View Post
    With SM and CSM as it specifically states "This power is used in the shooting phase instead of firing a weapon" - it doesn't matter how any times you can use the power, it's used INSTEAD of shooting with a weapon. You can only shoot with a weapon once. And in fact, if I remember correctly, Mind War and Eldritch storm says the same thing...*pulls out codex, has a look*...yup, used in the shooting phase instead of firing a weapon. As far as I'm concerned, the Farseer can only shoot with his Shuriken Pistol once in the shooting phase - or he can replace that shooting with Eldritch Storm *OR* Mind War.

Cheers,
    Scott
    Yes, but Spirit Stones allow you to cast 2 psychic powers in the same turn. These powers are limited to the normal restrictions - i.e. shooting at the same target, but the stones allow you to use 2. Codex trumps BGB and the item is pretty specific in it's ability.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast