Boss Snikrot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boss Snikrot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boss Snikrot

Hi all!

I just got the spearhead and, while i'm not too impressed with the choices included in it (2 HQs and 1 troop choice? come on! I wanna at least play a small points game outta da box!) I thing the models are great!

I also stumbled upon the boss snikrot conversion on games workshop's website.

There he has a knife and gun.

However in the fluff in the codex that i've seen (didn't have the $$ to buy the codex and spearhead too) it shows him with two knives. "Mork's Teeth."

So I decided to do a Snikrot conversion since I'm going to be useing him and his kommandos anyway and I wasn't able to find a GW figure for it. I went fluffy with the two swords/choppas (which could have been a mistake and i'm sure someone can correct me if it is.) and the bundle of three stik bombz wrapped in some sort of cloth container that is on the Boyz sprue for in the spearhead (useing the larger nob body for that sprue as well)

Question is, other than the two choppas and stikk bombz is there anything else he should have weapon wise? (the gw conversion has a tankbuster bomb on his back) and would he have an iron gob or not? ( i love iron gobs! lol, reminds me of trapjaw from He-Man back int he day!)

Thanks in advance for the help!

In the Castle of Pain on a Mountain of Skulls I sat on a Throne of Blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of Evil!

- Vigo the Carpathian

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Well, fluff-wise he wouldnt have the irongob on account of him being a near-nekid sneaker of a greenskin. Also there is a drawing of him in the codex showing his arms wrapped in chains/dogtags (not sure how to sculpt that right). That being said, make the model in keeping with your own vision, throw an iron trap on his maw, stick a orc head on a tau stealth suit, whatever. You can always have a "counts as" model as long as it is WYSIWYG. good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Kommando model's

I personally feel the best model is the Ork Nob from the Kommando box set. With a little converting or even using the stock model you've definitely got a model that stands out nicely. Plus that characters rules are sweet. Vs guard he could make a huge impact at any point in the game. Come in front behind a russ and throw 2 rokkits, or even come in from behind and light up a heavy weapon platoon!
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Kommando model's

I personally feel the best model is the Ork Nob from the Kommando box set. With a little converting or even using the stock model you've definitely got a model that stands out nicely. Plus that characters rules are sweet. Vs guard he could make a huge impact at any point in the game. Come in front behind a russ and throw 2 rokkits, or even come in from behind and light up a heavy weapon platoon!
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by MouseC112 View Post
    agree on the model being a sweet one, my commando nob is going to get a "rokit pack" and join my stormies. so I am back to using a plastic nob from the boys sprue +2 sharp bitz for the teeth of mork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have it done and painted, need to base it though. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics (probably not very good ones because have to take with my cell phone) to post. I think it comes out passable.

Components used were:

Nob Body from the new boyz sprue
    the screaming nob head with one eye minus the hair on top.
    two swordlike choppas, each different from each other so they aren't quite a matching pair.
    cloth bundle with three stikk bombz from the boyz sprue on his back
    two pretty plain shoulderpads, the ones that look like bits of metal with a few rivets in 'em
    severed human head hanging from his belt by the hair from the boyz sprue
    pouches (i think were from the lootas sprue)
    branch from the IG heavy weapons team sprues for jungleish effect on the base
    will be adding grass flock.

Not the best in the world, but heck it's a good efffort for me
    In the Castle of Pain on a Mountain of Skulls I sat on a Throne of Blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of Evil!

- Vigo the Carpathian

+ Reply to Thread