Tooled up falcon? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tooled up falcon?

I saw a poll the other day asking what the best tank in warhammer was, and most of the votes went to the "tooled up" falcon. I was wondering what gear defines a "tooled up" falcon?
    Also is a "tooled up" falcon suitable for carrying fire dragons around or should i go for a cheap troop carrier falcon?

Ive got 180pts left for this falcon, which in my eyes must meen its gonna have alot of upgrades

Any help would be great thanks

Dug

WIP tau project coming soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

A standard "tooled up" falcon has holofields and spiritstones. for 180pts you can get both and even vectored engines if you wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool... thanks

what weapons do people recomend. I already have an anti tank wraith, and falcons have pulse lasers.

Thanks again

Dug
    WIP tau project coming soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

I personally like having my falcon taking up the anti-heavy infantry role coupled with a small load of firedragons so the compliment each other, as well as give a very viable option for knocking out a tank:

Falcon - Starcannon, Shuriken Cannon under-mount, Holofield, Spirit Stone

Another favourite of mine is having 5 Dire Avengers and an Exarch with Bladestorm and Duel Shuriken Catapults in a Falcon, as you can guess it's mainly used for anti-infantry:

Falcon - Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon under-mount, Holofield, Spirit Stone

Keep note that these set-ups come up to just as much as a full squad of aspects in a wave serpent, however you do benefit from having 2 scoring units instead of 1, as well as being able to potentially target two different units reltively effectively.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

heiromyo put up the 2 best falcon set ups, if you must use your falcon as transports, which IMHO is a waste in many cases, and what you are transporting is assault troops (harleys for example) then Vectored engines should be added, but otherwise, as above
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

can i ask if it a waste to use a falcon for transport purposes why take one at all why not just use a fire prism or wave serpent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Munch View Post
    can i ask if it a waste to use a falcon for transport purposes why take one at all why not just use a fire prism or wave serpent
    the falcon is more resilient because it has more weapons to destroy then the fire prism, and most will say that prisms are best used when you can field two of them. in most cases, for transport the serpent will be better, but the fire power cant be matched.

when weapons start to get destroyed, the prism will be left dead in the water, while the falcon still has a lot of fight left in em. by the same token the prism is a little more versatile with its range and ability to switch strengths and blasts.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

To elaborate with holofields weapon destroyed results are more common than immobilized and destoryed results. (5 in 36, 3 in 36 and 1 in 36 chance per glance respectively) Hence it's likely to come up.

My advice on troops in falcons is that optimally it should work with the rest of your army. If you run a falcon up all on it's own with troops you'll usually be taking a lot of plasma fire and stuff. With a 1:9 chance of getting dropped the falcon will fall before too long (well sometimes the dice will like you and your frustrated opponent will just glance it twelve times and then you'll tank shock one of their units off the board).

However I've had great luck with transporting troops when really pressing on an enemy flank with the falcon along with other swift units. Tying up the units that could plasma the falcon with things like scorps or spears.

+ Reply to Thread