A Valid Use of a CC Fex! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Valid Use of a CC Fex!

He's not just a distraction anymore...

Honestly, I actually stuck a 'Fex in assault! The Apoc Rules let me drop 5 of them deep struck behind lines! It was the swwetest thing ever! I totally smashed a couple dreads the following turn, and with only a dakka fex, and I completely forgot the monstrous creature CC rule/

What I did dislike was the horribly low I on that unit, but I had the points to upgrade toughness, so he was much more survivable.

But for next time, would taking the 6 spore delivered 'fex, 2 snipers, 2 dakka, 2 CC be a decent balance at different radii of effectiveness??

Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Slithyr View Post
    He's not just a distraction anymore...

Honestly, I actually stuck a 'Fex in assault! The Apoc Rules let me drop 5 of them deep struck behind lines! It was the swwetest thing ever! I totally smashed a couple dreads the following turn, and with only a dakka fex, and I completely forgot the monstrous creature CC rule/

What I did dislike was the horribly low I on that unit, but I had the points to upgrade toughness, so he was much more survivable.

But for next time, would taking the 6 spore delivered 'fex, 2 snipers, 2 dakka, 2 CC be a decent balance at different radii of effectiveness??
    6 Sniperfexes will kill a tank or two, almost for sure. 6 Dakkafexes will kill a skimmer or two, or a lot of infantry, almost for sure. 6 CC fexes will ... well, maybe kill a thing or two near them but otherwise not do much unless the opponent is dumb. 2 of each? Won't kill much of anything.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MVBrandt View Post
    6 Sniperfexes will kill a tank or two, almost for sure. 6 Dakkafexes will kill a skimmer or two, or a lot of infantry, almost for sure. 6 CC fexes will ... well, maybe kill a thing or two near them but otherwise not do much unless the opponent is dumb. 2 of each? Won't kill much of anything.
    very true. I would just stick w/ 6 dakka fexes unless your having titan problems. seriously, that about 72 re-roll to hit re-roll to wound shots is pretty intimidating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Well, a combo would do something, but more focus in the group would do better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

The first lesson of strategic gaming is not building mixed forces. Maybe I'm spoiled by years of competitive RTS gaming, but I've never understood why so many 40k list buildiers craft their armies with versatility. Sure, you should take those sniperfexes for anti-tank in any list, but other than that pick a goal and stick to it. Combo/mix-match armies are terrible.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Eldar are a prime example of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

Believe it or not, every single army out there is a prime example of that. Think Tau entire-skimmer armies vs. armies with some skimmers and some footsloggers ... think Eldar all-fast/shooty vs. split up between grounded elements and fast elements ... think dumbass Nid lists with a few shooty units and a few cc units ... can't shoot at what is tied up in CC, can't outshoot a shooty list if half your list is CC oriented, etc. etc.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

yer but eldar play diffrently to nids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Err, so wait, are you honestly suggesting that taking a squad of shooters standing next to a squad of melee dudes is totally pointless?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

I think what MVBrandt is tryingto say is that you need to pick a goal for your army and make sure that every unit in your list is commited to that task.

For example, I focuse on getting to CC as fast as posable, any thing too slow is kicked. I have shooty Warriors and a Sniper Fex to kill long range guns/tanks. However I'v droped things like a zonathrope, my Broodlord and Devour armed Guants because i've found they don't get me to Combat faster.

So io thnk its not a bout veristility but about giving your army a clear goal and sticking too it. Not haveing half your army focused on one task and the other half focusced on another.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast