Slave Raid - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slave Raid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slave Raid

Alright fellows8X, who honestly runs this special Scenario using the rules? I know I do, I just ran it last night and I lost miserably. But this has only been the third time I've played it. First time it was a draw I think, 2nd it was awful for me ( but it's because we ran it wrong), third time showed me a flaw in my army. What about you all?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

I played it against my brother's Blood Angels army once. I actually played my infamous ultra-pin everything in sight army, and actually 3 out of 4 raiders in on my second turn. He didn't get anything, so all he had were two lonely expensive assault sqauds.

They got mulched by splinter fire, and as Blood Angels come, they generally don't carry much long range firepower. I killed some more and hightailed off the field, and what do you know?

Slave Raid got me some boys in red!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

I played it a few times in the past but mostly for fun.
    Few win's, few loses. its good fun.
    It can be bad if the other person knows the scenario that you are playing.
    He can then tailor for your raider force and make mince meat out of it by taking good cover and having an anti raider arsenal.
    How we do it is thus, two people roll a dice who ever rolls highest chooses, then if you ask nicely and they agree play slave raid.
    Armies would already be chosen at this stage.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

We only played it once. I got some slaves on turn 2 and left the board on turn three just as his first reserve arrived. It was a very lame game.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Hi,
    The Slave Raid Scenario seems to me to be tailor made for Dark Eldar and I would be most embarrassed to lose a mission that is purpose built for our race!

This is what we do best, get in quick, grab a few slaves and then get the heck outta there.

Bad luck aside this one seems too easy to me and the scenario makes for excellent DE training and learning to play the army well.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

I forgot to mention that slave raid was good when raiders could take a shot.
    Yes once apon a time they could.
    It was a more effective scenario in 3rd edition rules, these days It still works but takes more skill. though don't take my word for it i havn't played it in like 3 years.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzie View Post
    I forgot to mention that slave raid was good when raiders could take a shot.
    Yes once apon a time they could.
    It was a more effective scenario in 3rd edition rules, these days It still works but takes more skill. though don't take my word for it i havn't played it in like 3 years.
    Hi,
    I am not sure what you mean by “when raiders could take a shot.”

And if you are referring to skimmers blocking LOS under 3rd Ed then yes I fully agree with you here.

Thanks.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

took me a few minutes too, but he means they didn't die as easily and absolutly massacre everyone in them.

I myself have never played it
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

boo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I'm currently taking part in my local GW league, it's hand it in at the start army lists, then roll for mission each game, so far, rolled 6 then 4+ for the slave raid 3 times, first one, I lost 1/2 a warrior squad, other 2 nothing got to half strength,
    just ran in with the wytchs killed the everything and got out in turn 4 with everything dead each game

Grots/SoB/CSP/AWN/DE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    I'm currently taking part in my local GW league, it's hand it in at the start army lists, then roll for mission each game, so far, rolled 6 then 4+ for the slave raid 3 times, first one, I lost 1/2 a warrior squad, other 2 nothing got to half strength,
    just ran in with the wytchs killed the everything and got out in turn 4 with everything dead each game
    Excellent result Mate and would you agree that the Slave Raid scenario is just meant for us?

After all who else takes slaves, gets first turn by default and wins the game by basically running away with the booty?

This is great training for all budding Archons and I recommend it greatly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast